6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 21, 2012 5:07 AM by Oxyrich

iOS PS Touch stuck on load screen.

Oxyrich

I tried to save a small project (1 layer, 3 filters) and it's now stuck on the blue loading screen with the PS Touch logo. I've deleted the app & re-downloaded it, but it's made no difference. Any ideas ? Thanks

• 1. Re: iOS PS Touch stuck on load screen.
          greule Adobe Employee

I'm sorry to hear that you have trouble running PS Touch.

Sound like you're device runs out of storage or memory. What info shows your iPad

under Preferences General-> Usage for available storage.

Can you try to reboot your device?

-

Guido

• 2. Re: iOS PS Touch stuck on load screen.
            Oxyrich Level 1

Hi Guido, I have just rebooted. Still the same. I have 985Mb of storage left. I'd been using it for a while without any hint of a problem. It went straight to the blue logo screen immediately after I pressed save. I've just deleted about 40 photos to free up some more space but it's still frozen. Help !

Thanks

• 3. Re: iOS PS Touch stuck on load screen.
              greule Adobe Employee

Could you try to retrieve  your PSTouch project files with this tool...

http://www.macroplant.com/iexplorer/

See the attached image. I marked the PS Touch files with a red rectangle.

Try to reboot PS Touch afterwards.  If you still see this issue possibly a re-install would help.

You can restore your PSTouch files with the same tool or just add them to the https://creative.adobe.com

and download from there.

Hope that helps.

-Guido

• 4. Re: iOS PS Touch stuck on load screen.
                Oxyrich Level 1

Unfortunately my 9 year old G5 doesn't support Snow Leopard so I can't use that software. I'm sure I can find something compatible, but it's not the projects that are the issue. I now don't have Photoshop on my pad anymore ! I've tried rebooting the app, tried a hard reset on the pad, tried deleting it and re-downloading it. I've even updated to iOS 6. It is still just hung on the PS Touch logo screen. It can't be the memory or the space on the drive as I've only got a couple of other apps open and have 2.3gb left on the drive. I can't really see there's anything left to do save restoring the pad. Running a 9 year old G5, you can imagine that I'm not relishing the thought of a complete reinstall of 60gb of data. My pad really doesn't play ball with my G5 ! Is there anything else you can suggest ?

Thanks

Rich

• 5. Re: iOS PS Touch stuck on load screen.
                  ibarrien Adobe Employee

Hi,

have you tried to uninstall PS touch? If you haven't please try it out and install it over iTunes that normally helps.

Thanks,

Ignacio

• 6. Re: iOS PS Touch stuck on load screen.
                    Oxyrich Level 1

Hi Ignacio,

I have now re-installed PS via iTunes instead of direct from the app store. It is now working fine. Thanks very much for your help.

Rich