1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 19, 2012 10:53 PM by Mylenium

    Interesting distortion/pixellation effect used in fashion video?


      Hello forum!


      I recently came across a very interesting visual effect in this video by Barnaby Roper, specifically the patterned block distortion that occurs at 1:32, and all the different variations of it throughout the entire video..



      also a similiar effect used at :35 of this video:



      judging by some of the simpler sections, it seems like a lot of it is just layering/masking, but during the heavier sections it seems like it would be a little impractical to do it all manually?  is there anyone who might have an idea of what techniques are being employed here?


      Thanks for reading this!  Looking forward to hear any replies