2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 20, 2012 1:46 PM by dolorm

"Premiere Pro Debug Event" Error

dolorm Level 1

Hello,

I have been working on a project for about a month using Adobe Premiere Pro CS5, when it began acting strange. Whenever I would select any other program and return to Premiere, it would sometimes take up to a minute for it to allow me to begin working again. It's a project file full of hours of hi res video and hi res stills, so this could have contributed to it.

Much of the footage was just extra video to work with, so I started a new project and imported the sequence that contained my rough draft. It worked well originally, but when I closed the project and reopened it, after less than ten seconds the following message appeared:

"Premiere Pro Debug Event

Premiere Pro has encountered an error.

[..\..\Src\Clip\MasterClip.cpp-2802]"

ScreenshotError1.png

Selecting the only option to continue, it then said that it encountered a serious error, and would try to save the project before closing.

A few of the segments in the project were project files saved from Premiere Elements, and every time I open the project file it first says that a video filter is missing - I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it either.

I have done much research, and also contacted Adobe Tech Support - the technician went through the same error, and concluded that there is a corrupted file in the midst of the project, and I would have to import bits and peices of the sequence in order to single it out, and dispose of it. If this is the only option, I suppose this painful process will have to be dealt with, but I was hoping that someone here would perhaps have a better solution.  I believe this is my last resort!

Here is some additional information on the computer itself:

• Adobe Premiere Pro CS5
      • I have installed recent updates.
      • Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
      • Footage is from DSLRs and GoPros
      • I'm also using Plural Eyes
      • Dynamic Link runs very slow. So slow, it will load but it won't show my any list of sequences to import from other premiere pro projects.
      • Yes, I am using Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration.
      • The problem happens within a few seconds of opening my project file.
      • 16 GB Ram
      • Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50 GHz
      • We have a raid 10 setup.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Michael