3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 21, 2012 12:11 AM by craig.wilko

Blue screen preview problem

craig.wilko

I am intermittently getting a blue screen in my preview window. It displays correctly, is the timeline, if I do an ROI or zoom the view. It runs out OK to my ref monitor through the Blackmagic card, which suggests its an After Effects issue rather than hardware. Any help appreciated.

MacPro 2008 16gig

Quardo 4000

Lion 10.7.5

• 1. Re: Blue screen preview problem
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

It runs out OK to my ref monitor through the Blackmagic card, which suggests its an After Effects issue rather than hardware.

Why not? Sounds exactly like that - the BMD card is using the card's resources/ grabbing its buffers and then simply cannot handle stuff that doesn't match with the TV/ video spec chosen for the card which is kinda logical... (to me, anyway)

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Blue screen preview problem
            Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Sounds like hardware IO problems to me. If you can still see the comp in AE and only the external output is fouled up it's almost always a hardware or a hardware driver issue.

• 3. Re: Blue screen preview problem
              craig.wilko Level 1

Thanks for the responses guys. I think I may not have explained the problem clearly, sorry. I am getting a clean feed to my PVM through the BMC, it's the preview in the After Effects canvas window which is displaying blue. As I say it's intermittent, and it displays the timeline correctly if I zoom the window up or down, or do an ROI on it. The display is connected via DVi to a quadro 4000. I've updated the Cuda drivers. Also, final cut and premiere are previewing fine, which makes me think it's AE6.