2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 20, 2012 11:23 PM by poortip87

Is Adobe Exchange feature supported on CS5.* ?

poortip87 Level 1

Hi!

I am developing a Flex panel for Photoshop CS5.* and 6 using Creative Suite Extension Builder 2. This version has  a new feature called Adobe Exchange that allows extensions to be marketed and sold. As I understand, this feature is supported on CS6 only.

I have some queries regarding the approval guidelines of a zxp.

[Guideline 1] Content should not contain any URL or redirect links anywhere other than Producers Identity Box in Extension Manager.

[Ques] Does that mean we cannot have a url on our panel that directs the user to anywhere other than  Producers Identity Box in Extension Manager?

[Guideline 2] Content does not contain encryption technology.

[Ques] Does this mean that our panel cannot in any way hold a code for encryption, be it for storing values like login credentials, etc.?

[Guideline 3] The product must support CS6 versions of Creative Suite applications. Products that support earlier versions are not accepted.

[Ques] Does this mean that a panel with support for CS5.* as well as CS6 will not be uploaded to Adobe Exchange?

Please shed some light on the above.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Is Adobe Exchange feature supported on CS5.* ?
          Jonathan Ferman Adobe Employee

Hi there,

I have answered your questions inline below.

I am developing a Flex panel for Photoshop CS5.* and 6 using Creative Suite Extension Builder 2. This version has  a new feature called Adobe Exchange that allows extensions to be marketed and sold. As I understand, this feature is supported on CS6 only.

[Answer]: Yes CS6 is required but you can have a product that is backwards compatible with products earlier than CS6 such as CS5. In other words if you already have a product that supports say CS4/CS5 and CS6 you would not need to strip anything out we just need to have CS6 compatibility in order to be supported on the new Adobe Exchange.

I have some queries regarding the approval guidelines of a zxp.

[Guideline 1] Content should not contain any URL or redirect links anywhere other than Producers Identity Box in Extension Manager.

[Ques] Does that mean we cannot have a url on our panel that directs the user to anywhere other than  Producers Identity Box in Extension Manager?

[Answer]: What you can't do is point to another store or purchase page. So for example you could link to more information about your product but you could not provide a direct link to another Store/purchase option. As long as you do not have a direct link to another Store URL we are OK with it.

[Guideline 2] Content does not contain encryption technology.

[Ques] Does this mean that our panel cannot in any way hold a code for encryption, be it for storing values like login credentials, etc.?

[Answer]: The encryption question is really about encryptng or creating the possibility of encrypting. It comes back to the United States wanting to ensure we do not export somethign that could harm the United States, so for example a product that let's you encrypt secret information may cause issues for the US government. There are very few cases I can think of where this could be the case but we have to ask the question from a legal perspective. We expect some encryption for things like say a login and that should be OK but if you do have any concerns please say yes and we can investigate. 99% of the time it should not be an issue but we will work with producers to help you if you have any questions or concerns on this topic.

[Guideline 3] The product must support CS6 versions of Creative Suite applications. Products that support earlier versions are not accepted.

[Ques] Does this mean that a panel with support for CS5.* as well as CS6 will not be uploaded to Adobe Exchange?

[Answer]: No you can have backwards compatibility in your product, you just need to ensure your product will work with S6, if it works with earlier versions of

CS that's fine.

I hope the above helps.

Jonathan Ferman | Product Manager

• 2. Re: Is Adobe Exchange feature supported on CS5.* ?
            poortip87 Level 1

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for the reply.