12 Replies Latest reply on Jun 18, 2016 5:07 PM by seljean78

Conflict with color settings

LuisMarín Level 2

Hello,

I'm using Creative Cloud and all my programs have synchronized colors. My problem is with InDesign. Colors do not look the same there. Everytime I go to color settings, the program shows this error:

"Some parameters in the color settings file could not be used. Default values will be used instead."

And InDesign changes color to default values. I can select my custom color space but I don't know if it is really working, because every time I go to Edit> color settings... I get the same error. I have to manually change my color settings every time I launch InDesing.

My custom color settings (initially set on Photoshop and synchronized using Bridge. I'm copying them from InDesign) are:

Working Spaces

RGB: Adobe RGB (1998)

CMYK: U.S. Web Coated (Swop) v2

Color Management Policies

RGB: Preserve Embedded Profiles

CMYK: Preserve Numbers (Ignore Linked Profiles)

(Nothing selected on "Profile Mismathes" and "Mising profiles")

Conversion Options:

Engine: Adobe (ACE)

Intent: Perceptual

("Use Black Point Compensation" is selected).

InDesing is the only program in the suite that can not synchronize with this settings.

I'm using Windows 7, 64 bit. All my Adobe programs are up to date. In design version is 8.0. This problem happens with any other custom workspace created, no matter what options are selected.

Thanks in advanced for any comments or help with this matter,

Alí Marín