9 Replies Latest reply on Aug 13, 2015 3:02 PM by Saimurai

Audio Filter missing: Internal Volume Mono

Editosaurus Level 1

Hi everyone,

I'm loving Premiere Pro CS6 but have run into one problem.

First of all I've been working with 7channel mono tracks and have been selecting the mics I want to use in the project (a 20min documentary). I've left everything on the timeline, all 7 tracks. I've unlinked them, then normalised them to -6db. Then I set all the clip volumes to -infinity by setting one and then copying and pasting attributes to all the other tracks. Then I've gone through my entire project and lifted up those channels that I want.

I'm getting something strange happening. every now and again I'll lift the volume up to 0db on the clip volume that I want and no sound will play back. Then I'll delete one of the other audio tracks that I'm not using and miraculously it will play back now, even though I've not changed the track that is playing back.

So I had this happen a few times but managed to finish the timeline. Then it happened again on the last couple of tracks. I tried quitting and restarting and got this message.

"Audio Filter missing: Internal Volume Mono"

Then I've gone into the project and now at certain spots, seemingly randomly, all the tracks are playing back at full volume even though the clip volume is only up on one track. On the timeline, visually nothing has changed but the playback is not reflecting what the timeline is reading.

Hope this makes sense to someone. I'm assuming the two problems are related.

Cheers,

James

• 1. Re: Audio Filter missing: Internal Volume Mono
          nickss Level 1

If anyone is still trying to find a solution to this -- So I tried everything, reinstall, prefs trash, plugin cache refresh, NOTHING worked and there is virtually no Adobe response to this (this seems very much to be a bug that's been around for a while.)

So this is pretty random but in another thread it talks about there being a problem in the project file that you can fix in a text editor -- http://forums.adobe.com/message/5085322

This actually worked for me!  In my case you had to open the .pproj search for every instance of the "internal volume mono" which would be a node in the XML as follows: <FilterMatchName>Internal Volume Mono</FilterMatchName>

Then, in each case found, I looked for the next instance of this node: <ChannelType>0</ChannelType>

In my case, the older files that had a value of "0" did not have the error, and my problem file had one node with a value of "1." So I simply changed that one node from 1 to 0.

Now of course you'd want to make a copy of your project file before you mess with it, I have NO idea what I'm monkeying with here and just desperately tried what the other thread suggested. And this may only work in my case.... I don't know how it affects the project. All I know is it appears to get rid of the error and I can't tell what the impact is becuase the project file I'm working on is huge so I'm not sure if anything has changed yet.

HTH

• 2. Re: Audio Filter missing: Internal Volume Mono
            Saimurai Level 1

Hi guys, its been nearly a year since this last post, did we find a fix to this?

I have so many audio issues and glitches happening its unreal. Its like a project possessed! I have multiple crashes, i have pops and clicks but no peaks, i even have some points where an export has a weird squeal occur for 5 seconds then stop, i have audio filters going missing like above, playback is so buggy where one minute things are quiet, return the playhead to the previous place and its much louder the second time, do it again and its the original level! and many more but for now ill be happy with just the above issue being discussed; the audio filters vanishing. Sometimes leaving "filter offline (0)" on the clip when re-opening.

I spent 3hours in chat and then talking with adobe technicians remotely controlling my desktop a few days ago and nothing worked. I should show you the conversation! They keep trying to state its project specific, that i have to just start again from scratch! My point is, its happening to all my projects now and there are other people online with this issue so its not project specific, its a software issue!

Just a thought, where does premiere CC store the audio filters? I looked in the folders that AudioPlugin Manager suggested and there is nothing there I take it thats for VST plugins only?

/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST

/Users/(USER)/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST

In the Available Plug-Ins list, where you can scan for them, the offending ones are not in it. The Path for the ones that are there is "Apple: (Filter)" e.g. Apple : AUBandpass. Where is this location, is this online? Is it as simple as them being dumped somehow? If so where do i get them again and where do i return them!

The ones that are coming up with the error are 1094998321 Dynamics1, 1095781937 DeNoiser1 and Internal Bass Mono. I have deleted all instances of this filter in the timeline of my project, i have tried what a few people have suggested on other forums (using text wrangler to rewrite some of the incorrect stereo/mono parameters in there on a copy of the project, it got worse. I had this a few years ago with video filters vanishing (AE: Magic Bullet Misfire :gate weave, Deep scratches and Vignette) but i figured that was a licence issue as i moved computers.

Now i would try what you just suggested Nickss but i am not closing this program again until this project is finished, unless there's a definite solution! It seems to be safer when i leave it open!

It's not related to pluraleyes and the was an XML used from the original file two years ago when I left Final Cut Pro to come to Adobe Premiere. But this issue only started recently. Crashing also occurs when you manipulate a clip with an audio filter on it, looping it and changing audio parameters the way you're meant to be able to!

I have posted in numerous forums; Adobe's, DV Info, any that mention people struggling with this issue, but no response so far.

At the end of the conversation, the Adobe tech went to get more help from someone higher up and were supposed to call back, they didn't and now won't answer my emails. i received this:

Adobe Case Update

Your Adobe ID:xxxxxxx
            Your Case Number:xxxxxxxx
            Case Description:Chat:project specific issue (CH29736918)

Customer to be followed up on phone number xxxxxxxxxx

This email is in response to support case #xxxxxxxxxx submitted by Sai Kelly.

To respond to this update or review your case history, log in to the Adobe Support Portal online and look for your case number in the "recent activity" section. Should you need to send us additional information, you can do so by opening the case and submitting your update.

If you have difficulties logging in, consult the Adobe ID and Membership FAQ.

Thank you,

Adobe Customer Care

I have responded, they haven't. I have a deadline for this project for March.

Gurus, geniuses, please help.

Sai

• 3. Re: Audio Filter missing: Internal Volume Mono
              TCM2010 Level 1

Yep... another year down... would love to hear from the experts here

• 5. Re: Audio Filter missing: Internal Volume Mono
                Kevin-Monahan Adobe Employee

Hi Saimurai,

Sorry you've been experiencing this frustrating issue.

Hi guys, its been nearly a year since this last post, did we find a fix to this?

Is this with Premiere Pro CS6? If so, something very similar to this behavior was a bug fixed in Premiere Pro CC. You can upgrade to Premiere Pro CC and likely be clear of the problem. You can also check out this discussion for a possible workaround: Audio Filters Not Loading - CS6 Mac. The issue can be traced to XML issues for both those using PluralEyes and Final Cut Pro 7, and earlier. It sounds like you had FCP XML in your workflow at some point.

I spent 3hours in chat and then talking with adobe technicians remotely controlling my desktop a few days ago and nothing worked. I should show you the conversation!

Which version of Premiere Pro are you using? Can we get more info? FAQ: What information should I provide when asking a question on this forum? Tech support is usually not available for CS6 users, so that's why I ask.

They keep trying to state its project specific, that i have to just start again from scratch!

If the agent says it was "project specific" that usually means that you may have project corruption. There are a thousand ways to corrupt a project file. Usually you can work around this issue by opening a backup project file, if you have one.

My point is, its happening to all my projects now

You say that all your project files exhibit this behavior. Sorry to hear that. Again, do you have any backups to work from?

and there are other people online with this issue so its not project specific, its a software issue!

As I said, we did fix a bug in Premiere Pro CC that may help you avoid this issue with new projects. I don't believe it will repair existing CS6 projects.

It is not a good idea to work on a single project files over a long period of time, as they are subject to corruption after awhile. I expect other users get issues like this because they corrupt their own project files and never work from backups.

Just a thought, where does premiere CC store the audio filters?

They're inside the application package.

I looked in the folders that AudioPlugin Manager suggested and there is nothing there I take it thats for VST plugins only?

Yes.

In the Available Plug-Ins list, where you can scan for them, the offending ones are not in it. The Path for the ones that are there is "Apple: (Filter)" e.g. Apple : AUBandpass. Where is this location, is this online? Is it as simple as them being dumped somehow? If so where do i get them again and where do i return them!

The ones that are coming up with the error are 1094998321 Dynamics1, 1095781937 DeNoiser1 and Internal Bass Mono. I have deleted all instances of this filter in the timeline of my project, i have tried what a few people have suggested on other forums (using text wrangler to rewrite some of the incorrect stereo/mono parameters in there on a copy of the project, it got worse. I had this a few years ago with video filters vanishing (AE: Magic Bullet Misfire :gate weave, Deep scratches and Vignette) but i figured that was a licence issue as i moved computers.

My guess is that these were FCP 7 (or Soundtrack Pro) audio filters, and they are embedded into your FCP XML, so that's why Premiere Pro cannot find them. Take a look at that thread I mentioned earlier and see if you can find a workaround.

I have posted in numerous forums; Adobe's, DV Info, any that mention people struggling with this issue, but no response so far.

Sorry about that. I don't expect it's hitting all our users so your experience may vary when looking for others having this issue.

At the end of the conversation, the Adobe tech went to get more help from someone higher up and were supposed to call back, they didn't and now won't answer my emails. i received this:

Did you log in to the Adobe Support Portal and see the message that was left for you? Check that, then let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Thanks,

Kevin

• 6. Re: Audio Filter missing: Internal Volume Mono
                  Saimurai Level 1

Hi Kevin-Monahan, thank you for replying,

You'll have to bear with me, its been a while since i originally posted this. I am pleased this has finally gotten some attention….3 years later…when the deadlines have come and gone. But thankfully, the issue still persists so i welcome the help!

Is this with Premiere Pro CS6? If so, something very similar to this behavior was a bug fixed in Premiere Pro CC. You can upgrade to Premiere Pro CC and likely be clear of the problem. You can also check out this discussion for a possible workaround. The issue can be traced to XML issues for both those using PluralEyes and Final Cut Pro 7, and earlier. It sounds like you had FCP XML in your workflow at some point.

No its with CC. I said that at the beginning when i said "where does premiere CC store the audio filters?" The original poster, Editosaurus, was CS6. The there was nickss and now tcm2010. So I'm not alone. Yes with one project there was an FCP XML originally involved but it was all copied from that XML into a new timeline, then that was deleted, before these filters were implemented. Most of my projects were done without FCP involved.

Which version of Premiere Pro are you using? Can we get more info? FAQ: What information should I provide when asking a question on this forum? Tech support is usually not available for CS6 users, so that's why I ask.

I'm using CC Ver 7.2.2. I did mention that it was for CC when i said "where does premiere CC store the audio filters?" There are updates available since 7.2.2, but updating whilst in the middle of a project is just madness. Better the devil you know! Point being, I'm using CC and the update you mentioned from CS6 to CC did not cure this.

If the agent says it was "project specific" that usually means that you may have project corruption. There are a thousand ways to corrupt a project file. Usually you can work around this issue by opening a backup project file, if you have one.

This is occurring to all projects all backups and i have many backups. It is not project specific.

You say that all your project files exhibit this behavior. Sorry to hear that. Again, do you have any backups to work from?

I have many backups. Many many backups. All of them are behaving in this way even the ones dated before this issue originally occurred. It's like backwards corruption which makes no sense. What makes more sense is that its a software issue. Something likely that was changed in an update.

As I said, we did fix a bug in Premiere Pro CC that may help you avoid this issue with new projects. I don't believe it will repair existing CS6 projects.

As i said, these are mostly CC projects that have the issue.

It is not a good idea to work on a single project files over a long period of time, as they are subject to corruption after awhile. I expect other users get issues like this because they corrupt their own project files and never work from backups.

To say that i we shouldn't be working on a file for such a long time is kind of ridiculous saying as many of us will have on going projects for certain clients that will need to be reopened and updated over long periods of time. But i see what you are getting at, which is why i always duplicate a project file monthly and work from the new one (sometimes even weekly).

My guess is that these were FCP 7 (or Soundtrack Pro) audio filters, and they are embedded into your FCP XML, so that's why Premiere Pro cannot find them.

Thats a good answer, but these filters were and are listed in Premiere as options. Which is where they were applied.

My guess is that these were FCP 7 (or Soundtrack Pro) audio filters, and they are embedded into your FCP XML, so that's why Premiere Pro cannot find them. Take a look at that thread I mentioned earlier and see if you can find a workaround.

Nope, CC filters. I don't feel that you have tackled this section, that i painstakingly provided, properly. Please have another go, there are questions there i'd like answered:

In the Available Plug-Ins list, (where you can scan for them), the offending ones are not in it. The Path for the ones that are there is "Apple: (Filter)" e.g. Apple : AUBandpass. Where is this location, is this online? Is it as simple as the missing ones being dumped somehow? If so where do i get them again and where do i return them to?

The ones that are coming up with the error are 1094998321 Dynamics1, 1095781937 DeNoiser1 and Internal Bass Mono. [update Are these native to Premiere? or are you saying that they have never been in Premiere but perhaps came from another package? update] I have deleted all instances of this filter in the timeline of my project, i have tried what a few people have suggested on other forums (using text wrangler to rewrite some of the incorrect stereo/mono parameters in there on a copy of the project, it got worse. I had this a few years ago with video filters vanishing (AE: Magic Bullet Misfire :gate weave, Deep scratches and Vignette) but i figured that was a licence issue as i moved computers.

Did you log in to the Adobe Support Portal and see the message that was left for you? Check that, then let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

I did. The only message is displayed below with the Action left that it was to be followed up. But that never occurred. it has apparently been withdrawn, which i never did. Here is what it says:

Case #0185171052

Updated

Thursday, 27 February 2014 19:43:42 o'clock GMT

Opened

Wednesday, 12 February 2014 14:35:53 o'clock GMT

Status

Withdrawn

Product

Adobe Premiere Pro 7.2

Support contract

Adobe Support Program

Subject

Chat:project specific issue (CH29736918)

NOTES & RESPONSES

Notes from Customer

Thursday, 13 February 2014 15:06:00 o'clock GMT
                  Hi there, I'm still awaiting a follow up from the operator. I was told i would be called back at 1730 yesterday and its now almost 2
                  4 hours since then.

Kind regards,

S Kelly

Notes to Customer

Wednesday, 12 February 2014 14:35:53 o'clock GMT
                  Customer to be followed up on (my phone number)

• 7. Re: Audio Filter missing: Internal Volume Mono
                    kerplunkerfish Level 1

Is this with Premiere Pro CS6? If so, something very similar to this behavior was a bug fixed in Premiere Pro CC. You can upgrade to Premiere Pro CC and likely be clear of the problem.

I found out today that that isn't true on Windows 7.

• 8. Re: Audio Filter missing: Internal Volume Mono
                      Saimurai Level 1

Hi kerplunkerfish, just found this, sorry to hear that. Hopefully you'll get an answer soon.

• 9. Re: Audio Filter missing: Internal Volume Mono
                        Saimurai Level 1

I never did either. Just upgraded to CC 2015 and haven't tried opening those projects yet. But all the new ones are fine.