13 Replies Latest reply on Sep 21, 2012 6:00 PM by sudarshan.t

    Movie not loaded...

    KJEG

      Hi,   Smiley

       

      I'm trying to create a local webpage to play Flash weather videos.

       

      When viewing "Live" mode in CS6 I have the following error..."Movie not loaded..."     Capture.PNG

       

      The movie will play in IE once I have "allowed blocked content" from IE prompt, but it shows the same error message in Chrome and Firefox as it does in Dreamweaver.

       

      Capture2.PNG.

       

      I have changed my Adobe security settings to include the local folder containing the video files and the flash player.

       

      Any help would be much appreciated.

       

      Regards.    Smiley

        • 1. Re: Movie not loaded...
          Jon Fritz II Adobe Community Professional & MVP

          It might have something to do with the script you're using to display the flash file. If you could post a link to a live page, someone here could probably find any issue pretty quickly.

          • 2. Re: Movie not loaded...
            sudarshan.t Level 6

            I dont see anything wrong with your Flowplayer code.

             

            One thing I do see which is fundamentally wrong is your filename has spaces in between which cannot be interpret properly by browsers.

             

            Please remove spaces from your filename. If need be, just add hyphens or underscores to it.

             

            See if that helps.

            • 3. Re: Movie not loaded...
              Rik Ramsay Level 4

              It could be any number of issues really. As Jon says, quickest way is to post a link to the site but before you do that:

              • Have you defined a site in DW?
              • You have gaps in the filenames of the html and the flv path. Remove these.
              • You have no DOCTYPE in your document, or <html> tags. Add these.
              • Ensure the flowplayer.swf file is in the same folder as the js file
              • 4. Re: Movie not loaded...
                KJEG Level 1

                Hi,

                 

                I presume by "live" you mean a http...I only need the webpage locally and not on the web. Might help if I explain what I'm trying to do. I am using some open source software for a HTPC and one of the sections in it is browser driven for weather forecasts. I want to enter a local link to play weather videos fullscreen by default rather than seeing the whole webpage

                 

                Regards.

                • 5. Re: Movie not loaded...
                  KJEG Level 1

                  I dont see anything wrong with your Flowplayer code.

                   

                  One thing I do see which is fundamentally wrong is your filename has spaces in between which cannot be interpret properly by browsers.

                   

                  Please remove spaces from your filename. If need be, just add hyphens or underscores to it.

                   

                  See if that helps.

                   

                  I've removed the spaces from filenames...still no joy. Regards.

                  • 6. Re: Movie not loaded...
                    KJEG Level 1

                    It could be any number of issues really. As Jon says, quickest way is to post a link to the site but before you do that:

                    • Have you defined a site in DW?

                     

                    Is this required for a local file?

                     

                    • You have gaps in the filenames of the html and the flv path. Remove these.

                     

                    Gaps removed, I now have....Capture.PNG

                    • You have no DOCTYPE in your document, or <html> tags. Add these.

                     

                    Is this also required for a local file?

                     

                    • Ensure the flowplayer.swf file is in the same folder as the js file

                     

                    Capture2.PNG

                     

                    Regards.

                     

                     

                    Was this helpful? Yes   No

                     

                     


                     

                    • 7. Re: Movie not loaded...
                      Rik Ramsay Level 4

                      KJEG wrote:

                      Have you defined a site in DW?

                      • Is this required for a local file?

                      Yes. This is always the critical first step. You have relative links to files - DW doesn't know what these are relative to unless you define the site.

                       

                      You have no DOCTYPE in your document, or <html> tags. Add these.

                      • Is this also required for a local file?

                      This is always required, whether local or not. DW uses Safari for Live View rendering so it acts just like a browser.

                      • 8. Re: Movie not loaded...
                        KJEG Level 1

                        Rik Ramsay wrote:

                         

                        KJEG wrote:

                        Have you defined a site in DW?

                        • Is this required for a local file?

                        Yes. This is always the critical first step. You have relative links to files - DW doesn't know what these are relative to unless you define the site.

                         

                        You have no DOCTYPE in your document, or <html> tags. Add these.

                        • Is this also required for a local file?

                        This is always required, whether local or not. DW uses Safari for Live View rendering so it acts just like a browser.

                         

                         

                        Ok...I've defined a site in DW and reworked the html...but still no video in any browser apart from IE...have tried Chrome and Firefox.

                         

                        I now have....

                         

                         

                        Capture.PNG

                         

                        I have noticed that the error message states "About Adobe Flash Player 10...",  I have ver 11,4,402,278 installed?

                         

                        Regards.

                        • 9. Re: Movie not loaded...
                          Rik Ramsay Level 4

                          I don't understand what you are trying to achieve here. The way it is coded, the FLV should play when you click the button - are you expecting it to play as soon as you open the page?

                           

                          Why are you not using the Insert > Media > FLV code Dreamweaver provides?

                           

                          How did you make the FLV?

                          • 10. Re: Movie not loaded...
                            KJEG Level 1

                            Rik Ramsay wrote:

                             

                            I don't understand what you are trying to achieve here. The way it is coded, the FLV should play when you click the button - are you expecting it to play as soon as you open the page?

                             

                            Why are you not using the Insert > Media > FLV code Dreamweaver provides?

                             

                            How did you make the FLV?

                             

                            You'll have to bear with me...I'm a novice with html.

                             

                            Yes, I want the video to open as soon as I open the page.

                             

                            The open source software I'm using for my HTPC has a weather section that is browser driven and user configureable. Rather than seeing this in the HTPC....

                             

                            Capture.PNG

                             

                            I want to see the video in fullscreen (or thereabouts). My idea is to create a local html that I can enter the link to into the HTPC config and play the video using open source Flash player Flowplayer, which is user configurable to my needs and allow me to have 4 videos on the same page. For example, .London weather, UK weather, European weather and World weather.

                            • 11. Re: Movie not loaded...
                              Rik Ramsay Level 4

                              I think I understand what you are trying to do and I have read through FlowPlayers implementation. It appears as though they ask you to add the video to the a tag, so my apologies. However, if it's local I don't understand the need for flowplayer - can you not use DW's Insert > Media > FLV for this?

                               

                              In any case, the differences between their code and yours is your javascript call function. You only have <script>. This works with the HTML5 DOCTYPE declaration but not perfectly in HTML 4 - although I notice you still don't have the declaration. If you use HTML 4, add type="text/javascript" so it reads:

                              <script type="text/javaScript">

                                flowplayer("player", "flowplayer-3.2.15.swf");

                              </script>

                              If this doesn't work, I think i am out of ideas but someone else may have more experience with this.

                              • 12. Re: Movie not loaded...
                                KJEG Level 1

                                Rik Ramsay wrote:

                                 

                                I think I understand what you are trying to do and I have read through FlowPlayers implementation. It appears as though they ask you to add the video to the a tag, so my apologies. However, if it's local I don't understand the need for flowplayer - can you not use DW's Insert > Media > FLV for this?

                                 

                                In any case, the differences between their code and yours is your javascript call function. You only have <script>. This works with the HTML5 DOCTYPE declaration but not perfectly in HTML 4 - although I notice you still don't have the declaration. If you use HTML 4, add type="text/javascript" so it reads:

                                <script type="text/javaScript">

                                  flowplayer("player", "flowplayer-3.2.15.swf");

                                </script>

                                If this doesn't work, I think i am out of ideas but someone else may have more experience with this.

                                 

                                Added the declaration and your lines...but still no joy.

                                 

                                I'm using Flowplayer so I don't have to physically interact with the Flash player....everything is controlled in the HTPC by remote control and no mouse. (Maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree using Flowplayer)

                                 

                                I've only just started using Dreamweaver so not yet familiar with all it's functions but I'll try your suggestions.

                                 

                                Many thanks for your help, advice and time. It's much appreciated.

                                 

                                Regards.

                                • 13. Re: Movie not loaded...
                                  sudarshan.t Level 6

                                  Wonder why that is. Like mentioned, I dont see anything wrong with the code. Maybe its the Flowplayer SWF thats unable to communicate to your video file for some odd security reason. By default, SWF security states to allow access for same domain. In your case since you're using it locally, this can be ruled out. Still dont know why you're facing this glitch.

                                   

                                  2 options that I'd like you to try:

                                   

                                  • Re-download flowplayer .swf file and replace your existing one. Sometimes, it may be a corrupt SWF player file that may cause this to happen
                                  • If that doesn't solve anything, can you try switching over from flowplayer to JWPlayer? http://www.longtailvideo.com/players/jw-flv-player/
                                  • You can create playlists in JWPlayer and define pretty much any variable as you'd like to see your player using their API and its completely scalable

                                   

                                  Let us know how it goes.

                                  1 person found this helpful