• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Open project cancelled or unable to load database...

Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2012 Sep 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been running version 9 sucessfully and moving projects around with no errors.  Today, I cannot load any of my projects.

I have been through the threads and deleted the .cpj, moved the project to the root of my hard drive, etc.

Something else is going on. 

I did see some information on files being blocked by the virus scanner.  I'll pursue that with my help desk.

Any other ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 21, 2012 Sep 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say you have been moving projects to the C: drive root I start suspecting that they were originally on a network drive. If so, the project may have become corrupted and deleting the CRD file would not help. Check out this link to see if this helps:

http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/opening/opening_projects.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2012 Sep 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I went though some of the material you referenced, I noticed that some of the RoboHelp files are MS Access based.  I have just been upgraded to Office 2010 which includes Access.  I was running Office 2003 before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also tried to open projects on my hard drive with the same results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only file that is MS Access based is the CPD file and it does not matter which version of Access you have on your machine, indeed you don't have to have Access installed.

If you have the same problems with the supplied sample projects, then maybe something has gone wrong with your installation of RoboHelp. Click Open on the RoboHelp Starter page and then click Samples in the ribbon on the left.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

The samples are not opening either. I will have to persue things here with my install. I'll keep you advised.

BTW, here is a screen shot of the error.

robo.JPG

Regards,

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is D a local drive or a network drive?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

D: is local.  All this used to work just fine two weeks ago.  I'm wating for my help desk to get back to me as there have been a number of updates to my computer(Office 10, virus scanning).  I'll keep you posted.

Message was edited by: Noank Guy    -  Finally fixed the problem.  It required a re-image of my desktop and a re-install of RoboHelp.  Possible suspects were either Norton Virus Scanning or Adobe Air.  I appreciate the support from the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp