7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 4, 2015 5:42 PM by cjohnson.tia

Premiere Pro has encountered an error - nothing seems to fix it!

andrewzors

Hey all,

I'm running Premiere Pro v. 6.0.2 on Mountain Lion 10.8.2, with a standard ATI Radeon 5770 in a 3.33 GHz 6-Core Mac Pro 5,1.

Whenever I try to open the program OR a file, I get the following message:

"Premiere Pro has encountered an error.

[/Volumes/BuildDisk/builds/slightlybuilt/shared/adobe/MediaCore/ASL/Foundation/Make/Mac/.. /../Src/DirectoryRegistry.cpp-283]"

The strangest thing is that I just used Premiere yesterday, and after quitting it last night, tried to open the same file and got this message. I thought maybe the file was corrupted but I get the message just by launching without even opening via a project file. I then updated from 10.8.1 to 10.8.2 in the hopes that something internally might get fixed and it did not rememdy the problem. I have been scouring forums and most have pointed to resetting the permissions in the Home folder which I did both through Terminal and the "resetpassword" Repair Utility method. It still won't open! This has been very frustrating and I would greatly appreciate any advice to get this sorted out.

As a side note, whenever I open After Effects (11.0.1), it "unexpectedly quits" without an error log. I was also able to open this at least since I've had Mountain Lion, although I did not use it as recently as Premiere.

I appreciate any help and please let me know if you need any more information. Thank you!