2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 21, 2012 2:30 PM by LandonFriesen1444

    Premiere Pro Debug Event trackitemgroup


      In Premiere Pro 5.5, I get a Premiere Pro Debug Event ending in "trackitemgroup.h-2" that crashes the program every time the project is opened.  Premiere will open other projects/create new projects, and importing the sequence and media into a new folder will bring up the same error, but won't always cause a crash.


      Thank you for any help

        • 1. Re: Premiere Pro Debug Event trackitemgroup
          the_wine_snob Level 9

          Do not recall reading of that particular error message.


          A couple of tests, to rule out a problem possibly with the Project itself, or with the Assets in that Project:


          1. Import that troublesome Project into a New Project, rather than use Open Project.
          2. Move the Assets (might be easy, or not, depending on your folder structure), and Open that Project. PrPro will/should ask, "Where is file ____ ?" Use the Finder dialog to locate the Assets (having them in smaller groups in separate folders might be helpful here) and re-link them. If the Project crashes on certain Assets, then you have narrowed things down greatly.


          Maybe others WILL recognize the error, and have other, more direct suggestions for you.


          Good luck,



          • 2. Re: Premiere Pro Debug Event trackitemgroup
            LandonFriesen1444 Level 1

            Thanks for the quick reply.

            I basically did what you suggested, and didn't explain very clearly; created a new project file, imported the assets into that project, and then imported the original sequence. When I opened the original sequence (in the new project), all of the video showed up correctly, but I got the same error; the difference was, this time it didn't completely crash Premiere. I could just click OK and continue with the project (had to repeat that process a couple of times, but the project stayed open).


            More details: this was a day-turn local news package, video shot on a Sony NX5U, reporter voice track recorded as a .wav file. This is the same workflow we've used for 6 months, and I've never run into this issue. Like I said, new projects with the same workflow are fine. I guess I could try playing each file in the timeline one at a time and see if one of them is having issues, but in the course of trying a few, they seem to be fine.