7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 7, 2012 11:45 AM by Rick Gerard

AE (CS6) Render Queue Messes Up Audio

gungrave4ever Level 1

So I decided to render out a file using the AE (CS6) Render Queue.  I exported audio with the video, and, well... this is what I got.

http://vimeo.com/49931535 (password is "GG4ever")

The audio slow unsyncs, and then something happens about ten seconds in where it starts playing back audio from earlier in the project.  Uhh... what?

BTW, this is how the audio SHOULD sound (this was rendered out with AME).

http://vimeo.com/49931533

• 1. Re: AE (CS6) Render Queue Messes Up Audio
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Thank you for sharing the videos. Now if I knew anything at all about your render queue settings maybe I could offer a solution.

The only thing I can surmise, since I know nothing about your system, you're render settings, or your project, is that you tried to render using a combination of settings that is not suitable to render.

The render queue is designed to To render primarily to production codecs. Delivery codecs like H.264 are best rendered using the Adobe media encoder. They are two different animals.

Tell us about your system, your render settings, and your video, and maybe we can point you in the right direction.

• 2. Re: AE (CS6) Render Queue Messes Up Audio
            gungrave4ever Level 1

I just went with the default settings; the only thing I changed was I ticked the box next to "export audio".  From my comp I wanted exported, I selected Composition>Add to Render Queue, clicked on the Loseless setting, ticked the "export audio" button, clicked "Confirm," then clicked "Render."  I did absolutely nothing else.

• 3. Re: AE (CS6) Render Queue Messes Up Audio
              Dave LaRonde Level 6

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems, but what kind of audio file did you use in AE?  Mp3?  If so, convert it to AIFF or WAV and try again.

• 4. Re: AE (CS6) Render Queue Messes Up Audio
                gungrave4ever Level 1

I don't know what I used; it's the default option that's automatically selected whenever you tick the "export audio" option.  Which I thought the default was .wav, anyway.  All I'm seeing when I tick the box is 48.000kHz, 16 bit, Stereo.  Under Format Options, the Audio Codec is "Uncompressed" and Audio Interleave is "None."  I don't see anything about mp3 or wav or aiff.

All I know is the Render Queue messed up the audio, while Media Encoder didn't.

• 5. Re: AE (CS6) Render Queue Messes Up Audio

The source of the original audio in the project was probably the culprit. MP3's and other highly compressed sources are not reccomended as source material for producion in any pipeline.

• 6. Re: AE (CS6) Render Queue Messes Up Audio
                    gungrave4ever Level 1

No, the culprits were probably some programming team at Adobe (and I just love how Adobe reps never respond to threads about issues, instead leaving unpaid forum members to do their jobs); I used all 48k Stereo .wav files in my project.

Also, anyone asking about the stats of my computer, it's this: http://www.samsung.com/us/computer/laptops/NP-R580-JSB1US The only change I've made to it is I added more RAM.

• 7. Re: AE (CS6) Render Queue Messes Up Audio

I render projects with audio in AE every day without problems. I use standard codecs and settings. I have been doing this since before AE was an Adobe product. There's something fouled up with your workflow. I'm not saying that Adobe is perfect. I'm not saying they couldn't eliminate more potential rendering problems. I'm just saying, and I've never seen a case, that if you have the right settings and use the right workflow, you get good audio.