3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 26, 2013 12:02 PM by FSBOFL

Is there an instant movie theme suitable for Real Estate videos with Premiere Plus?

annearjani

Most of the themes are very flashy/snappy/loud. Before I pay $50. I would like to know that there is a theme suitable for a short real estate video of a neighborhood and walkthrough of a home. Thanks!

• 1. Re: Is there an instant movie theme suitable for Real Estate videos with Premiere Plus?
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

I hesitated to reply, as I have only used Themes once, and then totally reconstructed the Effects. I also do not have PrE 10, so you probably have more Themes, but I am not sure that any is really suitable for your described Project. I was hoping that Steve, Neale, John T., or others, who might have more familiarity with Themes, would show up, but they have not - yet.

Looking through the Themes that I have, and even putting on my creative hat, to image how one might work as a base, and then be heavily modified for your Project, I am coming up almost at a total loss. The closest that I could come would be the Travel Theme, where the Locations (in the Theme) are changed to the houses in a neighborhood. Yes, that IS a stretch, but the best that I can come up with.

I agree with you that the Themes, in their stock form, are flashy, loud and most suited for a short treatment, that would be shown to young children, sort of like many things at a Disney themepark - bright lights that flash, loud SFX and music, bright colors, etc..Hardly suitable for a commercial, professional Video.

Now, when you write:

Before I pay $50. I would like to know that there is a theme suitable...

Are you contemplating buying a "Theme Pack," (have not seen such) or similar, or do you mean, before you buy PrE?

If the former, can you point to the source of that Theme Pack, and I will look over the details. If you mean the latter, PrE is in no way restricted to those Themes. I have used PrE for many years, and have used but one Theme (heavily modified), in all that time. I have created many commercial, business Videos, so the program has all the power that you need - just not with their Themes.

If you are contemplating the purchase of PrE, can you outline the material that you will be working with, a few of your ideas on the aesthetics, that you would like to incorporate, any technical thoughts, and give us an idea of how you will want to deliver the Video. We can help you make that decision, as to whether PrE is the right tool.

While I have not seen any of the newer versions, AVID/Pinnacle's Studio program (probably up to ~ 15 now) has, or had, similar with their Instant Movie. However, back to about Studio 10, those were in the same vein, as PrE's Themes (nearly useless, and often rather odd, though usually funny, and maybe not in the way intended?). Back through about 10, I cannot imagine one of those being useful for your purpose, but might have missed one, and Pinnacle might have finally added some that ARE useful.

Good luck, and please let us know a bit more.

Hunt

• 2. Re: Is there an instant movie theme suitable for Real Estate videos with Premiere Plus?
            the_wine_snob Level 9

If you ARE contemplating PrE for a real estate video, you might want to take a look at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lgpWFmkdPM

That was done to promote a charity Live Auction lot, that I put together, with a 1-week stay for two couples, airline tickets from Phoenx to Knoxville and SUV limos to Blackberry Farm. Most of the attendees at that charity event had never heard of Blackberry Farm, so I needed to do an overview piece. This was the longer piece, that played on a TV, hooked to a DVD player, on the Live Auction table during the cocktail portion of the event. I did a truncated Video, of just the lead-in/intro, before the autioneer began bidding. Everything (except for the music scoring) was done in Premiere. The music was scored in SmartSound's Sonicfire Pro (smaller version included with Premiere), and then added in Premiere.

Now, no Themes were used anywhere - just editing.

Hope that helps, and good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Is there an instant movie theme suitable for Real Estate videos with Premiere Plus?
              FSBOFL

I was going to purchase that theme for my business site but it didn't have all the option I needed to list other properties, like submit your house to be listed or something like that.