7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 25, 2012 2:36 PM by Ed Berrevoets

Full content not installed ? It is !

Ed Berrevoets

Recently when I start PE 10, I get this warning that not all content is installed. Actually, it , so why do I get this warning ? Isn't it installed then and does it only seem to be installed ? Am I missing something here ? Your advice is appreciated.

warning.jpg

controlpanel.jpg

• 1. Re: Full content not installed ? It is !
          Jeff A Wright Adobe Employee

Moving this discussion to the Premiere Elements forum.

• 2. Re: Full content not installed ? It is !
            the_wine_snob Level 9
            • Are you certain that you did a full install of the Functional Content?
            • Did you install from a download, or from physical media?
            • If the latter, please tell us which OS (and version), you have, and which discs you installed from?
            • When you look on your HDD, do you see that additional Functional Content - are the files there?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Full content not installed ? It is !
              Ed Berrevoets Level 1

Yes, I did a full install. As a matter of fact, I did it twice. I installed from a download. I am not sure where to look for the content. Software packages tend to place it in different locations nowadays. I am on Win 7 64bit and I have this directory D:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 10\DVD Templates\Common in which I see "wedding" for instance.

Does that give you a clue ?

• 4. Re: Full content not installed ? It is !
                Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

As I said in your other thread, you need to install discs 4 and 5 to install the additional templates and effects.

• 5. Re: Full content not installed ? It is !
                  Ed Berrevoets Level 1

Actually, there are no discs, since it was a downloadable version. Wat you get is PremiereElements_10_Content_ALL_LS15.z and PremiereElements_10_Content_ALL_LS15.exe. If you extract those, it will create

Adobe Premiere Elements 10 Content 1,

Adobe Premiere Elements 10 Content 2 and

Adobe Premiere Elements 10 Content 3 directories and

Adobe Premiere Elements 10 HD Content 1,

Adobe Premiere Elements 10 HD Content 2 and

Adobe Premiere Elements 10 HD Content 3 directories.

When you run setup which is created in that same parent directory, it will install, as my control panel clearly shows, but still when I run Premiere Elements, it says it didi not install the full content and asks if I want to download it.

It beats me.

Thank you for your replies.

• 6. Re: Full content not installed ? It is !
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Ed Berrevoets

When you are running Premiere Elements 10 on a Windows 7 64 bit system, it is a 64 bit application and one might expect to find all its assets in Local Disk C, Program Files and not Program Files (x86). However, for some reason the default location for the DVD templates in this case is:

a. The Fun Template (the only one installed with the program) is the only one in the Program Files route.

and

b. All the rest of the DVD Templates are in the Program Files (x86) route

Local Disk C

Adobe

Adobe Premiere Elements 10

DVD Templates

Common

Are you finding all your DVD Templates in that Program Files (x86) location? There is more in Content than the DVD Templates but let us start here. Depending on the results from exploring the Program Files (x86) for the DVD Templates, you might want to look there also for Themes.

From Control Panel programs, it would appear that you have installed the Adobe Content for 10 and have the correct file date and size.

Another source for that same Content is:

http://www.adobe.com/special/premiereel/downloads/

But I am hesitant about trying that until you have confirmed where you are finding the Content which your Control Panel indicates you have installed.

We will watch for your results.

Thanks.

ATR

• 7. Re: Full content not installed ? It is !
                      Ed Berrevoets Level 1

First of all, let me express my appreciation for your replies. I'm impressed by the time, effort and willingness that you demonstrate to assist me in this strange problem. Thumbs up !

I have set up my system to have as little as possible on my c-drive. Should anything fail, then I can easily reinstall my OS. I am aware of the fact that in case of a format many settings will be lost anyway, but it has helped me out more than just once. So I install programs on D, documents on E. Having said that, you would expect to have the fun template in D: Program Files. It is not there.

This is what I have:

D:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 10\DVD Templates\Common

In this directory I find several sub directories, see below for a screenshot. (image #1)

dir.jpg

Contrary to what you suggested, it is not in Program Files (x86).

However, the Fun Template cannot be found anywhere. Isn't this strange ?

BUT: you pointed me in some direction.

I have this directory D:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 10\Presets\Templates\Common\HD Templates

There we have a lot of stuff, that seems to be what we've been looking for. (image #2)

dir2.jpg

This seems to be all there, although at a different location. If we regard this as solved, then it still beats me, that the program keeps mentioning that I have not installed everything. If I try to use that scene, it is in the Scene Menu. That confirms that the installation went right, I guess.

Furthermore, what surprises me is that in Control Panel under installed programs, it shows the content, but not the program !

That is the reason why I considered reinstalling the whole product. Since I am in the middle of editing a very beautiful movie of NYC and DCA I don't want to loose my work nor do I have to be forced to buy a new key. That is, why I was asking about a new install.

If I try that, I have no option to repair, only to uninstall, although according to control panel the program is not installed.

It seems that the program is missing some pointers, both to control panel's installed programs and to the content, althouh both are present.

Message was edited by: Ed Berrevoets