5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 21, 2008 3:48 PM by Newsgroup_User

will director 10 MX 2004  work with vista

dsdsdsdsd Level 1
      hello;

I am very excited about director 11 - but I am currently using ( happily ) D10; I am about to get a new pc with vista - will director 10 MX 2004 work on a vista?

thanks
      dsdsdsdsd
        • 1. Re: will director 10 MX 2004  work with vista
          Level 7
          > I am very excited about director 11 - but I am currently using ( happily ) D10; I am about to get a new pc with vista - will director 10 MX 2004 work on a vista?

It has for everyone else who's tried it
          • 2. Re: will director 10 MX 2004  work with vista
            Level 7
            Would not run for me... Vista Ultimate 64-bit & Dir MX2004...

Michael Hamstra

• 3. Re: will director 10 MX 2004  work with vista
              Level 7
              > Would not run for me... Vista Ultimate 64-bit & Dir MX2004...

So there you have it - it /doesn't/ work for everyone. However, with the
              expected release date a month or so hence you could probably get by with
              your current setup until then and put the new version of Director on
              your new machine with Vista
              • 4. Re: will director 10 MX 2004  work with vista
                Level 7
                It works for me with Vista Ultimate and MX2004. I am running it on a Mac
                Pro in Parallels, and it works as well as XP. The only issue I have
                found is with 3D (this happens in projectors on Vista also), Vista
                doesn't play well with the DirectX5 or DirectX7 renderers in all cases
                (for instance non-DTS 3d sprites with backgroundTransparent ink show up
                bright red). This is easily circumvented by using OpenGL as the renderer
                by the way.

But apart from that, I have had no problems.
                • 5. Re: will director 10 MX 2004  work with vista
                  Level 7
                  I have a simple presentation with a quicktime loop at the beginning. It
                  crashes after about 2 hours if I leave looping. I would be reluctant to use
                  it on a kiosk, and cross my fingers if I have to use that laptop for a
                  presentation. It seems to be a combination of h264, Vista and video card on
                  the particular laptop. But I haven't had time to try installing xp on the
                  same laptop to figure out for sure which one to blame.

Timm

"dsdsdsdsd" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
                  news:fpie5p$klg$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                  > hello;
                  >
                  > I am very excited about director 11 - but I am currently using ( happily )
                  > D10; I am about to get a new pc with vista - will director 10 MX 2004 work
                  > on a vista?
                  >
                  > thanks
                  > dsdsdsdsd