8 Replies Latest reply on Oct 26, 2012 10:35 PM by myrecall2013

3D Camera tracking does not work, no sound played, says quicktime is not installed

bs617

I am trialing AE CS6 and have had quite a few problems off the start and am wondering if there is a solution or I should wait until they clean up the program.

1)When I intalled it it said there may be a system restart needed by OS, however this was not the case (minor but preplexing)

2)When I start the program it takes a very long time to open (Mediacore seems to be the sticking point)  Note I am running off a 256gb Samsung 830 SSD

3)During initialization it tells me Quicktime is not installed, however it is installed and up to date.

4)AE will not play any sound during preview or otherwise.  I have confirmed the sound settings and device which are correct.

5)3D Camera Tracking doesn't work.  This is probably the primary reason for looking to get AE and it not working may be a deal breaker.  The issue I have is when I apply this to a file it gives the following error:  "...could not load Adobe Analysis Server (515).

Any insight to these issues would be greatly appreciated.

Here is my system specs:

Window 7 64bit

i7-2600K cpu

8gb ram (1600)

AMD 7870

Samsung 830 SSD 256gb

• 1. Re: 3D Camera tracking does not work, no sound played, says quicktime is not installed
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Same cause for 2), 3) and 5): You have a permissions issue and the required auxilairy components cannot be launched or connect to main program. Turn off security stuff, run as admin. 1) is just that - a friendly warning that rarely ever is required. 4) would require to know your exact audio prefs and your system audio setup, but could also relate to the permissions issues - the app cannot hook up to your audio driver/ device.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: 3D Camera tracking does not work, no sound played, says quicktime is not installed
            bs617 Level 1

Mylenium, thanks for the feedback.  It doesn't surprise me that it may be a windows 7 premission issue as I have been frustrated by them in the past.  I am using Windows Prof..  That being said I have turned off anti-virus, windows diffender and changed windows prermissions on every folder I could think my be involved and run as admin, and no dice.  2),3) and 5) have not changed.  Any idea what the specific permissions I should look into?  Seem like this would be a bigger issue if it was a permissions thing, however I haven't found anyone else having similar problesm.  Thanks again.

• 3. Re: 3D Camera tracking does not work, no sound played, says quicktime is not installed

On a more general level, your user cannot "run and configure services" and "load system drivers". That's what it's called in the Windows group policies. By default, only admins can do that. As to why it isn't working in your case, nobody can tell. The only way to debug such issues is to install tools like Sysinternals' System Monitor and watch the system calls, then act accordingly. Could be anything from a fundamentalyl misconfigured services system to indeed something intercepting those calls to outdated or wrong user information like users that no longer exist on the system changing the security context or the app having been installed with a wrong user. You mikght try to reinstall the app, of course, but this may just result in the same problems, if you don't figure out the other stuff.

Mylenium

• 4. Re: 3D Camera tracking does not work, no sound played, says quicktime is not installed
                bs617 Level 1

***SOLVED*** So here is where things stand just in case it may help others:

2) & 3) I unistalled NetNanny and it solved both of these.  The interesting thing is I had disable this program when trouble shooting, which would suggest that it truely wasn't disabled.

5) Uninstalling NetNanny and manually starting "Adobe Anaysis Server.exe" in the programs/adobe/A..E..C6/support file/ folder made it possible for the camera tracker to work.  I haven't yet figured out why Adobe fails at executing this file, but I am releived that I found a workaround for now.

• 5. Re: 3D Camera tracking does not work, no sound played, says quicktime is not installed

I haven't yet figured out why Adobe fails at executing this file, but I am releived that I found a workaround for now.

May relate to your NetNanny stuff. It may have permanently changed a port mapping/ named pipe or disabled specific functions being loaded... nobody can tell. In the long run, you may want to reinstall your system from scratch and forego installing such ominous tools...

Mylenium

• 6. Re: 3D Camera tracking does not work, no sound played, says quicktime is not installed
                    myrecall2013

I have been having the same issue as 5), and with the warp stablizer. they both need the "Adobe Analysis Server.exe" to run.

I've tried running as admin, reinstals, cleaners, monitors... all I can tell is that AE isn't talking to the AAS.

Where is "NetNanny"? I can't find it to uninstal, or even a file to delete.

How would I go about deleting it?

• 7. Re: 3D Camera tracking does not work, no sound played, says quicktime is not installed
                      bs617 Level 1

NetNanny is a internet filtering program that would not be installed unless you bought andinstalled it.  Do you use any filtering software?  Also did you run AE as administrator or Adobe Analysis Server.exe?  For me I have to manually locate and execute the adobe analysis server.exe in the program folder mentioned above, once AE is running.

• 8. Re: 3D Camera tracking does not work, no sound played, says quicktime is not installed
                        myrecall2013 Level 1

I'm not aware of any filtering programs, unless fire fox or chrome has some thing built into it that could do that. I have tried running as admin, no change. I have located AAS and can see it running in the task manager processes tab. Again, no change with the error message.

Heres a more complete summary of what I have tried. http://forums.adobe.com/message/4802766

It appears (to me anyways), that the AAS is functioning properly and knows it should be comunicating with AE. AE doesn't seem to know where/how to acess the AAS for some reason. I've heard it could be a port issue, but I don't know how I would go about investigating that.

I have even located the 3D Camera Tracker effect its self, but it did have any helpful path info.

I'm not sure what else I could test to figure it out.