1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 22, 2008 9:49 AM by tgilmour

SSL issue with Firefox 2.0.0.12 and Flex

tgilmour
      I've filed a bug with Bugzilla on Mozilla.org, but no response yet. Here's a summary of the issue:

I'm using this channel definition on a secure server:
      <channel-definition id="my-secure-amf" class="mx.messaging.channels.SecureAMFChannel">
      <endpoint uri="https://{server.name}:{server.port}{context.root}/flex2gateway/" class="flex.messaging.endpoints.SecureAMFEndpoint"/>
      </channel-definition>

Up to Februrary 8, my Flex application worked perfectly. It still works great in Internet Explorer and Firefox 3 Beta.

When I go to the page, I get an empty flash container with a "movie not loaded" message when I right-click. It's as if it can't find the swf file. If I compile it without the secure endpoint and view it on a non-ssl server, then it works fine.

Anybody else encountering this? This bug has stopped us from releasing our product since it affects roughly 25% of our user base.

Bug 417739 is the link to the bug I submitted. If you're having the same problem and need this fixed, please vote for my bug.

If you found a workaround, please reply!

-Tom
        • 1. Re: SSL issue with Firefox 2.0.0.12 and Flex
          tgilmour Level 1
          So it's definitely due to a change in Firefox, but I was able to find a workaround. We put headers in our flex pages so we can incorporate our global navigation at the top of the page.

You're not going to believe the workaround. Here's what the code looked like before I fixed it:

<cfinclude template="/cfdocs/proddev/common/cf/flex_header.cfm">
          <script src="AC_OETags.js" language="javascript"></script>

Now, here's the fix:

<script src="AC_OETags.js" language="javascript"></script>
          <cfinclude template="common/flex_header.cfm">

So, I either had to put the script tag in the <head> tag, or put it before my html declarations.

My guess is that Firefox over SSL doesn't allow <script src=''> tags in the body of an html document anymore.