3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2014 2:00 AM by _VG

Strange behaviour of a panel in InDesign CS6

emerasoft.srl Level 1

I am currently developing a panel running on InDesign CS5, CS5.5 and CS6. For some internal specific reason, the panel (of type csxs:CSXSWindowedApplication) has its visible property set to false; in its "Lifecycle", the autovisible is unselected and the panel starts on event "applicationActivate".

This way the panel works as I am expecting, at least on CS5 and CS5.5; unfortunately this is not happening under InDesign CS6. The best way to explain what I am obtaining (expected or not) is by running a ExtensionBuilder 2.0 existing demo project. The example I am talking about is the "CSXSWindowedAppDemo" project. After having imported it, the visible property of the CSXSWindowedApplication must be added and set to false on the "main.mxml" file.

Then, some adjustment must be done by ctrl-clicking the project and selecting the "CS Extension Builder > Bundle Manifest Editor" menu. First of all, the "Max. Target Version" on the Bundle tab panel must be set to "empty" (to be sure the panel could be run on CS5.5 and CS6); then, after having clicked on the "Extension" tab panel, the "AutoVisible" property must be unchecked and the "applicationActivate" event must be added to the "Start on event(s)" list.

If the panel is executed on CS5 and CS5.5 the behaviour is the expected one and could be reproduced this way:

1. Launching the panel by clicking on the "Extensions > CSXSWindowedAppDemo" menu;
      2. Clicking on the second tab panel ("Status Bar");
      3. Closing the panel;
      4. Opening the panel again with its menu (see point 1).

As expected, the panel should open by presenting the "Status Bar" tab panel.

Now on InDesign CS6:

1. Launching the panel by clicking on the "Extensions > CSXSWindowedAppDemo" menu;
      2. Clicking on the second tab panel ("Status Bar");
      3. Closing the panel;
      4. Opening the panel again with its menu (see point 1).

Action #4 doesn't open the panel, nothing happens and re-opening it by clicking on its menu again will cause the panel to be "re-executed" from the scratch by presenting the first tab panel again (as it was executed the first time). Then, the other steps:

1. selecting the second tab panel ("Status Bar");
      2. closing the the panel;
      3. opening the panel again.

Now, the panel is shown as expected and the "Status Bar" tab panel is shown.

I tried to figured out a solution for this, but I don't actually understand what's happening on CS6.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Luca