2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 26, 2012 6:21 AM by Rohlstusk

Read out Loud not reading Alt Text

Rohlstusk

Hello all.  When using Acrobat 9 Pro, adding all text to a tag for text had the Read out Loud actually read the alternate text.  However with Acrobat X Pro, adding alt text to a tag for text does not force the Read out Loud to read that alternate text.

Meaning if I add "Tiger Tigers School is closed October ninth" to the tag of the text displaying "- TTS is closed October 9th" results with Read out Loud to interpret and read it as "Text To Speech is closed October 9th".

Is this a bug?

• 1. Re: Read out Loud not reading Alt Text
          CtDave Level 5

Used your sentence "TTS is closed October 9th." in a Word file and output a tagged PDF via PDFMaker.

Added Alt Text for the tag that was the parent for the container holding the text string.

ROL with Acrobat 9 Pro and Acrobat X Pro spoke the entered Alt Text.

In short, could not duplicate what you've described.

Perhaps an Acrobat repair or processing any outstanding updates could resolve things.

Or a return to the structure tree may be in order. Look for what is amiss there.

Be well...

• 2. Re: Read out Loud not reading Alt Text
            Rohlstusk Level 1

Thanks for checking.  Just odd that this happened.  I did everything you did and that's where I ran into an issue.  Going to recreate the PDF from the source word document and retest...maybe even create a new tag and test that as well.

Thanks again!