5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 27, 2016 2:06 AM by gkfoto

Why is CS6 Zoom change window size is different then previous versions?

JJMack Most Valuable Participant

Why in CS6 when zoom changes window size and a folating window fits in Photoshop window or on other display screen do I get scroll bars where a select all selection marching ants are not visible on all four sides till I drag out the window to get rid of the scroll bars so I can see all of marching ants.  In preious versions of Photoshop space for scroll bars is present but there are no scrool bar, select all marching ants are visible on all four sides when an image's window fits in Photoshop window or on second display. Is there a way to make CS6 work like previous versions? Also if I just open a document and Photoshop fits it to Photoshop window or second display the floating window is correct without scroll bars. Zoon add then even when not needed....

• 1. Re: Why is CS6 Zoom change window size is different then previous versions?
          Noel Carboni Level 8

Someone's definitely got something off by a pixel.

I use Tabbed view all the time so I didn't notice this before now.  It does seem kind of silly to have the window resize to fit the zoomed document consistently 1 pixel too small.

-Noel

• 2. Re: Why is CS6 Zoom change window size is different then previous versions?
            Level 5

Without manually resizing each open document window on my Mac, Photoshop 13.x would be simply unusable.

I hadn't posted anything on the subject because the system on which I run Ps 13.0.1 is based on a laptop (MacBook) literally rescued from the trash and with minimal specs.  The graphics card is not even involved in processing.

I put up with it because I'm basically using it to run ACR 7.2RC1, then bring the converted and ACR-adjusted onto my regular working machine running CS4.

In a nutshell, nothing will make the window fit the main monitor, not Fit To Window, nor 100% view, nor any shortcut.

I need to drag the window manually from the lower right-hand corner in order for it to fit the monitor.  Otherwise, there are substantial gaps on the right and at the bottom.  I never run in tab view.

For the sake of thoroughness:

2007, 2GHz MacBook 2,1, Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB of RAM (can use 3 GB), 160 GB internal boot disk, dedicated FireWire400 external HD for Ps scratch disk, external Time Machine HD.  Dual external monitors + built-in laptop screen Snow Leopard 10.6.8.

The Mac-Intel is used for no other purpose than running ACR 7.2RC1 and the only other application I occasionally run on said Mac-Intel is TextEdit.

My main working machine is a Power Mac (PPC) G5 Quad with 16 GB of RAM, on which 11.0.2 is the last version of Photoshop to run, so I have the Mac-Intel system described above just to run ACR 7.x under Photoshop 13.0.1.  I convert my raw files in ACR7.x open them in Ps 13.0.x and save them via Ethernet to an external HD connected to the G5 Quad for further processing in CS4.

2.5 GHz Power Mac (PPC) G5-Quad; 16GB RAM; mutant, flashed 550MHz nVidia GeForce 7800GTX 1,700MHz 512MB VRAM; ATTO ExpressPCI UL5D LP SCSI card; Mac OS X Tiger 10.4.11 and Leopard 10.5.8 boot drives; intrusive Spotblight, Dashboard and Time Machine permanently disabled; dual 22" CRT monitors; USB wireless 'n' available but connected to the Internet via wired Ethernet; FW flatbed scanner; 2 SCSI scanners (one tabloid-size transparency scanner and a film scanner); various internal & external HDs; FW Epson 2200 and Ethernet Samsung ML-2850ND printers; 2 X Back-UPS RS 1500 XS units.

• 3. Re: Why is CS6 Zoom change window size is different then previous versions?
              JJMack Most Valuable Participant

The more I try to use CS6 the more I stumble on bugs and poor changes made to Photoshop I do not understand why I do not see more users complaining Photoshop is not inexpensive through away software with each release lately it seems to be getting more infested with bugs harder to use and disruptive to established work-flows.  Photoshop seems to be going downhill more and more adding junk and incompatible options so Photoshop is no longer backward compatible with older versions of photoshop when some new options are used. Adobe your loosing it....

• 4. Re: Why is CS6 Zoom change window size is different then previous versions?
                Noel Carboni Level 8

In this case it's not being actively complained about because the lion's share of users likely use the default view - Tabbed.

And I can just imagine the thoughts of some manager in Adobe...  "Well, this isn't the main mode people use, so it's not really a problem we have to fix..."

Sigh.

-Noel