4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 24, 2012 8:42 AM by Trevor Hughes

Track Matte

Trevor Hughes

hi

This is doing my head in as I know how to do it but it's not workingfor me. It just a normal track matte.

So I made a new seq and yes it worked but only once. Made a new clip beside it and nothing happens.

so I have spent a day now trying to find out why but I have to ask you guys for help. is it me or is it a little bug.

track 1 video clean

track 2 video with three-way colour corrector - change for area in mask, added track matte to layer 3, matte Alpha.(+rgb curves+fast colour corrector)

track 3 pp title/mask.

and the same set up on the next clip but Track matte while not work no matter how much I tale it off.

Thanks again for you time and help

Trevor

Cs6 mac pro 4,1 n/c 4000 for mac 16 gb all is good all drives ok.

• 1. Re: Track Matte
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Trevor,

Are you applying the Track Matte Keying Effect to your Clip on Video Track 2, and pointing it to the Matte on Video Track 3?

Can you post a screen-cap of your Timeline, and also show the Effects Control Panel, with the Clip on Video Track 2 showing?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Track Matte
            Trevor Hughes Level 1

Hi Bill,

This is so weried I know how to do this where to point ect ect.

If i move the clip with the track matte on I get a crash.

I made a new seq and used same clip and it works. so I made a second clip next to it and it worked. I copyed those clips back to the old seq and it did not work...

It's been going on for a long time.. what do you know about seq setting with track mattes? do they only work well on some and porly on others..  all Ideas to find a answer.

answer to your above quest yes I am doing it right and why should I get a crash if I move the clip with the track matte on.

I think if we can answer that we will have fixed it.

over to you Bill

thanks for hanging in there.

Best

trevor

• 3. Re: Track Matte
              BOSU BABU Level 1

I think undergiven link may be useful to you

http://www.digitaljuice.com/djtv/detail.aspx?sid=194

• 4. Re: Track Matte
                Trevor Hughes Level 1

Hi Bosu thanks but I did say I know how to do it it's ore a tec problem with the programe now doing it in after effetcts and linking back works well. but many thanks.\trevor