1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 24, 2012 9:06 PM by groove25

When using a template the 'Save As' opens the templates folder to save to, not the last used folder

guitar uk Level 1

I used to open a file from the templates folder,

add details then click 'Save As' to save it the folder I was using.

Now I have downloaded Fireworks CS6 it always opens the 'Templates' folder when I click 'Save As'

I don't want to make a new template each time,

I want it to open the folder I was last using.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but I can't get it to open the folder I was last using whan I click 'Save As',

which is what it did before when I was using Fireworks CS5.

Are there any Settings to change this?

Of course I can click 'Recent Places' but it was easier before when the right folder to save to just came up first time.

• 1. Re: When using a template the 'Save As' opens the templates folder to save to, not the last used folder
          groove25 Level 4

Saved files seem to remember their last saved location. So if you create a new file based on a Template, the first time you choose Save As, the location of the source (template) file will appear. However, once you've saved the file to a new location, that new location should become the new default for any subsequent iterations of that file.

New files (not created from a template) pick up the location of the last saved file.

All this is to say, the file saving issue you're experiencing should only be a problem the first time you save a file based on a template. Every time you open that file afterward, it should default to its current folder location. But yes, every time you create a file based on a template, the default location will be the Templates folder. If this feels like a big problem, I believe you have the option of opening a template file from any location... so you could copy or move the template into a more desireable folder location, and create your new file(s) based on the template in that location.

Hope this gives you some ideas!