3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 24, 2012 2:42 PM by Peter Spier

InDesign Automation w/DataMerge- outsource?

julestate_lbk

Looking to outsource artwork automation using InDesign data merge.  Anyone know where I can find qualified people to do this?

• 1. Re: InDesign Automation w/DataMerge- outsource?
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

That's not much of a description for your project. Perhaps you'd care to elaborate before I lock the thread and ask anyone interested to contact you directly.

• 2. Re: InDesign Automation w/DataMerge- outsource?
            julestate_lbk Level 1

I have several projects that include the automating of designs and

outputting them in various formats to be used on different products.

For example, my company sells personalized melamine plates.  We have a

manufacturer for the plates, but they do not do the artwork.  Right now, I

automate the designs using InDesign.  I separate my purchase order (from a

3rd party sales network, like Zulily) and automate each design that we use

in InDesign, using Data Merge, output them with a script as jpegs, rename

them according to a text file with a script, and load them into my plate

manufacturer's system for production.  It's a fairly seamless process, but

I don't know if there is a faster way to do it- it gets time consuming when

there are a lot of designs + a large quantity of personalized items to do.

Right now, we have a PO for 11K items- all individually personalized.  If

there's not a faster way to do this, I'm looking for someone who could do

it for me.  I need to be able to use my time for other aspects of the

business.

• 3. Re: InDesign Automation w/DataMerge- outsource?
              Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

OK. I'm going to lock this now and let folks caontact you directly by Private Message.

If anyone has a reason this should get unlocked, drop me a message and I'll oblige.