Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

(EDIT DESCRIPTION) Can´t aktivate my Tablet PC

Sep 25, 2012 Sep 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

i got this Problem:

You can get an activation error if you are trying to run the software on too many computers. Try deactivating the software on a computer that you no longer need to run the software on. See: How can I deactivate Adobe software?

You may receive an activation error if your computer has changed recently. You can't solve this problem on your own, if you've done one of the following:

• Made changes to your computer due to a crash
    • Upgraded your computer hardware
    • Replaced a hard drive
    • Upgraded the Operating System
  • Gotten a new computer and old computer is unavailable

I got a new Smartphone i did a lot of test´s and changed the ROM´s until i get the best one.

So i Installed every time all Apps again to test how´s the behavier under the seperate ROM´s.

What i think to understand now is, that every time is reset the phone and install a new rom, adobe thinks this is a new phone/computer and i´ve "done a new registration". But it was always the same Phone.

Now i can´t aktivate my AdobeID on my new Tablet and also on my Phone, after i Installed a new Rom again.

What can i do? When i create a new Adobe id, i can´t acces my old books from pubbles because they are registered to the old id.

Message was edited by: TabUser2012

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 25, 2012 Sep 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
You can get an activation error if you are trying to run the software on too many computers. Try deactivating the software on a computer that you no longer need to run the software on. See: How can I deactivate Adobe software?

This is just plain bad advice - it won't work, and will cause you harm. You should inform whoever gave you this advice of this (point them here - in case they were wondering, although I no longer work for Adobe, formerly I was the lead engineer for Digital Editions):

1.)  First and foremost - deactivating a computer does not increase your activation allowance.  So deactivating one computer will not let you activate another computer

2.) Activations are tracked seperately.  So even if it worked the way they thought, Deactivating a computer would not get you back an allowance for activating a tablet/phone, or a device.

If you are getting a E_ADEPT_TOO_MANY_ACTIVATIONS error, the best way to fix this is to ask Adobe for an 'Activation Reset' in chat support.  If you don't get a positive response (which can and does happen), keep asking until you do.  You will want to be using the same AdobeID that you are activating with  (or even better have the full and completer error message handy).

(and yes every time you changed the ROM on your phone, Bluefire, Aldiko, or whatever software you were using to read books with, had to do a fresh activation - burning one each time)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines