2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 25, 2012 7:42 AM by lasvideo

specs for cs 6

hayzensproductions Level 1

the adobe site has way outdated specs to run premiere pro cs6 and i'd like to buy a system already put together.

i'm not a techy guy, just an editor and motion designer.

are there any systems that i can buy from the manufacture that are already built to work?

if so, what are they?

thanks so much for any help!

wilky black

hayzen's productions

• 1. Re: specs for cs 6
          JEShort01 Level 4

I build my own, but if I did not ADK would be who I would go to for sure:

www.adkvideoediting.com

Eric and Scott there are very knowledgeable and are active participants in this forum as well.

Jim

• 2. Re: specs for cs 6
            lasvideo Level 4

Hi Willy.  Like Steven I recently purchased a PC as well. Unlike him, I needed a machine that could handle ANYTHING a client might toss at me, from H.264 to Red, from broadcast motion graphics to large format signage.

I also did communicate with Eric who is extremely helpful. But I opted for buying a machine that is prevalent in the video industry, the HP Z820. I wanted a fast and durable tank of a machine that could hanlde large formats and work long hours. Thats why I opted for the top of the line Xeons.

Eric is great because he will help you evaluate your needed and make a suggestion based on that.

You maybe wondering why I didnt end up buying from ADK. I discovered that HP had a 5 year 24/7 repair service that could come to my edit bay to make repairs. Since deadlines and shipping can be a hassle, I opted for a machine that is certified by Adobe and has lots of users in the entertainment industry.

Tom Daigon

www.hdshotsandcuts.com