2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 20, 2012 2:05 PM by RandySwineford

Attachments and Views

scuref

Hi,

I realize that one is unable to upload an attachment to a PDF form.  This is a major issue for me since I would like users to fill out applications and they have to be able to upload attachments and press submit so it comes to the Forms Central response page.  Is this a feature that will ever be offered and if so, can you give me an idea of when?

Also, I need to print out the form as the form looks when I designed it.  Is this a feature that will ever be offered and if so, can you give me an idea of when?

I have seen others ask these questions, but never saw the responses. 

Without these two features, Adobe Forms Central is much less useful to me.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Attachments and Views
          RandySwineford Adobe Employee

Supporting attachments in PDF is something we plan to do in the future (likely next year).

In a few weeks we'll be releasing a feature that allows you to save a response as a PDF file (it retains the original form's layout with the data flowed into it). This can be printed. Though any attachments won't be saved into the PDF, they have to be exported separately.

Attachments do work with web forms. Can you provide a little detail on why web forms won't work for your workflow?

Thanks,

Randy

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Attachments and Views
            RandySwineford Adobe Employee

We now support saving a response from the View Responses tab to PDF (that retains the form design shown on the Design tab). The PDF can be shared, archived or printed using Adobe Reader.

You can read more about it here: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1085672

Please try it out and give us your feedback.

Randy