4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2014 7:04 PM by cliffclof

Slowdown when Locking Tracks (6.0.2)

Steven Pribilinskiy Level 1

• 1. Re: Slowdown when Locking Tracks (6.0.2)
          Jim_Simon Level 8

Not seeing that here.  Resizing is just as fluid with locked tracks as without.

• 2. Re: Slowdown when Locking Tracks (6.0.2)
            Steven Pribilinskiy Level 1

Sorry, here are some key details:

Core2Quad 8300

nVidia GTX 275

2 Monitors

Windows 7 Aero Off

Please describe your specs if Locking Tracks have no effect on your system.

• 3. Re: Slowdown when Locking Tracks (6.0.2)
              Jim_Simon Level 8

Only one monitor here.  I wonder if that's the difference, as there have been other bugs that only show up when using two.

• 4. Re: Slowdown when Locking Tracks (6.0.2)
                cliffclof Level 1

Can someone other than Jim please give some more elaborate information?  I have this same problem and I have continually found premiere and after effects to be horrendous at redrawing their own overlays in their interfaces.  I too am using 2 monitors.  I have heard a "staff" member in the forums say that Adobe is planing to work on this, but it has been at least 2 years now. 

Note to Adobe: It seems to me that working out simple redraw issues with your software UI that have no relation to imported media is one of the most important things you should fix.   I say this because you are just coding more and more "updates" and layers on an already unstable code core costing your users considerable time and headache.  The advancements in workflow and software design are welcome, but not at the cost of stability.

Using CC14 and the problem is easily presented when working with 3 or more tracks (especially 5+) that are shy and locked.  It slows down the entire UI including zoom and scrub.