5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 25, 2012 9:00 AM by Jim_Simon

CS6 - PP - Crawl stutter

GeoffVane Level 1

The title crawl is no lomger moving with a constant pace.

Tiny speed ups and slow downs are taking place.

I've tried every setting of the sequence and the project, to try and adjust for quality etc.etc.

Any idea why this function no longer works flawless?

• 1. Re: CS6 - PP - Crawl stutter
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Are you using the Crawl Preset in the Titler?

If so, instead of using that, do you get a smoother Crawl, if you Keyframe Motion>Position instead?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: CS6 - PP - Crawl stutter
            GeoffVane Level 1

I always use the Crawl setting in the titler.

Motion position can't display titles longer than the screen width: the text will be cut beyond that.

So that method seems useless in my case and a workaround, which I dislike.

The Crawl used to work perfectly.

I can't understand the fact that Adobe upgrades often destroy functions which were perfect.

Again, I'm happy they don't build airplanes.

• 3. Re: CS6 - PP - Crawl stutter
              Jim_Simon Level 8

Bill's suggestion doesn't use the Titler to create them, it requires the titles to be made externally, as in Photoshop, and brought into PP as an image file, like PSD.  You will then be able to use the Position keyframes to make the crawl, and end up with superior results.

• 4. Re: CS6 - PP - Crawl stutter
                GeoffVane Level 1

Sorry, there was no need for that in the past, plus the ease in option for an on screen ending is very handy.

I want to see the titler repaired. No more Mr. Niceguy for Adobe; this is my work and not my hobby. I'm in a hurry: there is a deadline.

• 5. Re: CS6 - PP - Crawl stutter
                  Jim_Simon Level 8

I want to see the titler repaired. I'm in a hurry.

Those two facts are contradictory.  Even if Adobe 'fixes' the issue you're seeing (which I personally doubt will ever happen), it won't be any time soon.  They just released a major big patch, so the next one is very likely several months away.