2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 27, 2012 2:48 PM by WTFDYW??

Need for Acrobat 9 Pro Extended 64-bit Add-on

WTFDYW??

Can anyone tell me if this 34 KB add-on is necessary for Acrobat Pro Extended version 9.5.2? Can find no infomation on Adobe's website about it. It was installed with original software on 8/2011.

• 1. Re: Need for Acrobat 9 Pro Extended 64-bit Add-on
          Bernd Alheit Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What kind of 34KB add-on?

• 2. Re: Need for Acrobat 9 Pro Extended 64-bit Add-on
            WTFDYW?? Level 1

All I can tell you is it's title in the "Programs and Features" tool of Windows 7. To whit: "Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro Extended 64-bit Add-On."  It has an installation date of 8-30-2011 and is only 34KB in size, according to Windows. It is listed below the Main Acrobat 9 Pro program, which doesn't give it's size, but does give the current version of 9.5.2, which is the latest for Acrobat 9 Pro as far as I know.

The one thing I want to establish is whether this add-on is necessary for the current version of Acrobat 9 Pro to function or not. I can find no guidance on Acrobat's website; at least a search reveals nothing anyway. And it is not referenced in their update site at all. If worse comes to worse, I will call them for guidance because our security types are listing it as a problem, and I am wondering if they are confusing this add-on with the main program.

Hope this helps with your knowledge, and thanks for replying.

R