• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why Adobe Photoshop CS6 can't copy and paste text from another source like as note pad or Ms Word?

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2012 Sep 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why My Adobe Photoshop CS6 can't copy and paste text from another source like as note pad or Ms Word?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 01, 2012 Oct 01, 2012

Here's the copy and paste method that works for me in Photoshop CS6:

1. Select and copy text from a word-processing program or other source.

copy-text.jpg

2. Create a new text box in a Photoshop file by clicking on the icon that looks like a "T" in the tool bar.

need_text_box.jpg

3. In Photoshop, go to the Edit menu at the top of the screen and mouse down to Paste.

paste.jpg

4. The copied text now appears in my text box.

text_now_in_Photoshop.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Sep 26, 2012 Sep 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop can definitely paste text that you've copied from another application.

How are you trying to paste text into Photoshop? You should have created a text box first, then paste the text inside it. It will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2012 Oct 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. I'm getting an error from PS CS6 saying that there's nothing in the clipboad.

I tried copying and pasting from different sources. I really don't want to type these paragraphs into PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may sometimes incur this problem if you have corrupt Photoshop Preferences. Follow the instructions outlined here to reset your Photoshop cache file: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/375776 and see if that solves your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@sudarshan - Thanks, I will check this out. Kinda odd that I would have 'corrupt Photoshop Preferences' because this was off a brand new installation on first use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the copy and paste method that works for me in Photoshop CS6:

1. Select and copy text from a word-processing program or other source.

copy-text.jpg

2. Create a new text box in a Photoshop file by clicking on the icon that looks like a "T" in the tool bar.

need_text_box.jpg

3. In Photoshop, go to the Edit menu at the top of the screen and mouse down to Paste.

paste.jpg

4. The copied text now appears in my text box.

text_now_in_Photoshop.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Terri - I did all that, the only app that was able to do this was inDesign, so I pasted in there, recopied the text and pasted it in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ilikemesomepie wrote:

@Terri - I did all that, the only app that was able to do this was inDesign, so I pasted in there, recopied the text and pasted it in Photoshop.

Which application are you trying to 'Copy' your text from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2016 Apr 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to paste copied Notepad++ text into PSD (CC) text box, it copies the 1st word and nothing else. This is some microsoft level BS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2014 Jul 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

easy-peasy thank you so much Terri Stone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2013 Mar 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have often had the same problem, but was able to solve it several ways, depending on whether it is text or an image. Yes, the other responders are correct in that you have to create a text box, first, and then paste in the text. 

However, sometimes this doesn't work either, and their is a reason:  the copy and paste problem may have more to do with Windows.  Security in Windows can prevent things going into the clipboard from being pasted into something that is not ALREADY open.  That is a security feature, so it is good to just accept it, whether for text or images.  I open all files first before I try the cut and paste. Sometimes, for whatever reason, it may even take two attempts, but it has always worked for me the second time.  Since the same behavior happens for other programs, I know it is not Adobe, but Windows.

Second, if you are talking about an image, I sometimes have to open a new file and paste it into that new file, RASTERIZE or FLATTEN the image, and then I can easily drag it onto the main image I am working with (and you don't have to save the temporary work file.)  Take into account resolution and size while you have it in that temporary workspace, and you will have even better results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2014 Jul 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this question is claiming "not answered" when it is very well answered by miss Stone. her demonstration worked perfectly first try on my ps3

in 2 years you could have at least thank the lady for solving your problem and the others for they're effort and mark this question answered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not working for me using that method, i have to copy text from Outlook Email, paste into Indesign, Cut from there then Paste into Photoshop -

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 02, 2015 Apr 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the simplest method to follow. just do the following steps :

1.Select all and copy the entire text .
2. Go to word pad and paste there.
3. You are ready to go.

Note : I did this using Microsoft Wordpad. This is the only one that successfully did the job for me out of few i tried.  

Untitled-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The same problem for me (CC 2017, OSX)... Sometimes it works, for the next time don't... Politely "frustrating". Now for me works (I don't know for how long) copy-paste over the InDesign document... Open a new blank documet/file in InD, then copy-paste from Word into InD documet... and right after copy-paste from InD into PsP.

Good luck for all of us.

Slavek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines