3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 26, 2012 5:41 AM by Noel Carboni

PS CS6 - Convert to profile - wrong color preview with AdobeRGB -> AdobeRGB conversion.

jmonzani

Hello,

I've discovered what looks as a little bug to me in CS6 (as compared to PS CS3 and CS4).

I would be inteterested if others could confirm it (or explain it to me)

When using Convert to profile, AdobeRGB->AdobeRGB "conversion" bugs in the preview. Since there's no actual conversion, the preview should remain the same but instead shows a strong contrast shift.

Here's my workflow:

- Working color space : sRGB (I use Europe General Purpose 3 preset)

- Open a document in AdobeRGB (original profile preserved, no prior conversion to sRGB), no soft-proofing activated

- I run "Convert to profile", Source profile is Adobe RGB. Now if I go for Destination profile: AdobeRGB (which is of course "pointless"), I see a color shift in the image preview. If I run the conversion, the image reverts to normal, hence this just affects the preview. Note that converting to other profiles like sRGB doesn't give a wrong preview.

"Convert to profile" settings are Engine: Adobe (ACE), Intent: Relative Colorimetric, Use black point compensation and Dither. Altering these settings doesn't correct the bug I'm mentionning.

This visual preview bug only affects AdobeRGB -> AdobeRGB conversion (again, yes, I know, it's pointless)

I've tested the issue on two separated machines (Windows 7, PS CS6 x64)

Do you experience the same issues?

Thank you!

JS