6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 28, 2012 6:13 AM by steve_dayman

Change license for active DAY instance

steve_dayman

Hello,

I have created several instances of Day (CQ5.4, author and publish). Unfortunately I was provided a 'dev' downloadID and Customer Name.

My instances of DAY are running inside an application server (JBOSS 5.1).  How can I correct the license these servers are using?

• 1. Re: Change license for active DAY instance
          justin_at_adobe Adobe Employee

You should just be able to edit the license.properties file and restart JBoss.

• 2. Re: Change license for active DAY instance
            steve_dayman Level 1

Where is this file?

I've checked in crx home directory as well as in the jboss server file system.

[root@wadp001cnc crx]# find ./ -name "*license*" -exec ls {} \;                                                    

./crx-quickstart/server/webapps/crx-explorer_crx/WEB-INF/lib/3rdparty_license.txt

./crx-quickstart/server/webapps/crx-explorer_crx/docroot/de/endorsed/editarea/license_lgpl .txt

./crx-quickstart/server/webapps/crx-explorer_crx/docroot/de/endorsed/editarea/license_bsd. txt

./crx-quickstart/server/webapps/crx-explorer_crx/docroot/de/endorsed/editarea/edit_area/li cense_lgpl.txt

./crx-quickstart/server/webapps/crx-explorer_crx/docroot/de/endorsed/editarea/edit_area/li cense_bsd.txt

./crx-quickstart/server/webapps/crx-explorer_crx/docroot/de/endorsed/editarea/edit_area/li cense_apache.txt

./crx-quickstart/server/webapps/crx-explorer_crx/docroot/de/endorsed/editarea/license_apac he.txt

./crx-quickstart/server/webapps/crx-explorer_crx/docroot/de/endorsed/extjs/license.txt

./crx-quickstart/server/webapps/crx-explorer_crx/docroot/apps/crx-launchpad/crx_license_en try_box.png

./crx-quickstart/server/webapps/crx-explorer_crx/docroot/apps/crx-launchpad/cq_license_ent ry_box.png

./crx-quickstart/server/webapps/crx-explorer_crx/docroot/apps/crx-launchpad/crx_license_in fo_box.png

./crx-quickstart/server/webapps/crx-explorer_crx/docroot/apps/crx-launchpad/cq_license_inf o_box.png

./crx-quickstart/server/webapps/crx-explorer_crx/apps/crx-launchpad/license.jsp

LicensePingParameters.class

./crx-quickstart/server/webapps/crx-launchpad/WEB-INF/lib/3rdparty_license.txt

./crx-quickstart/server/lib/3rdparty_license.txt

[root@wadp001cnc crx]# find /opt/jboss/server/default/ -name "*license*" -exec ls {} \;         

/opt/jboss/server/default/tmp/a1t3d5t-luay1v-h7kqk0av-1-h7kql5ew-9o/ROOT.war/WEB-INF/lib/3 rdparty_license.txt

LicensePingParameters.class

/opt/jboss/server/default/deploy/crx.war/WEB-INF/lib/3rdparty_license.txt

/opt/jboss/server/default/deploy/crx.war/docroot/de/endorsed/extjs/license.txt

/opt/jboss/server/default/deploy/crx.war/docroot/de/endorsed/editarea/edit_area/license_lg pl.txt

/opt/jboss/server/default/deploy/crx.war/docroot/de/endorsed/editarea/edit_area/license_bs d.txt

/opt/jboss/server/default/deploy/crx.war/docroot/de/endorsed/editarea/edit_area/license_ap ache.txt

/opt/jboss/server/default/deploy/crx.war/docroot/de/endorsed/editarea/license_lgpl.txt

/opt/jboss/server/default/deploy/crx.war/docroot/de/endorsed/editarea/license_bsd.txt

/opt/jboss/server/default/deploy/crx.war/docroot/de/endorsed/editarea/license_apache.txt

/opt/jboss/server/default/deploy/crx.war/docroot/apps/crx-launchpad/crx_license_info_box.p ng

/opt/jboss/server/default/deploy/crx.war/docroot/apps/crx-launchpad/crx_license_entry_box. png

/opt/jboss/server/default/deploy/crx.war/docroot/apps/crx-launchpad/cq_license_info_box.pn g

/opt/jboss/server/default/deploy/crx.war/docroot/apps/crx-launchpad/cq_license_entry_box.p ng

/opt/jboss/server/default/deploy/crx.war/apps/crx-launchpad/license.jsp

• 3. Re: Change license for active DAY instance
              justin_at_adobe Adobe Employee

It should be in the parent directory of the crx-quickstart directory.

• 4. Re: Change license for active DAY instance
                steve_dayman Level 1

I have created the folder /home/crx. This folder contains crx-quickstart.

There is no license.properties file located here. I entered the license information into crx/apps/crx-launchpad on first run.

I've run a recursive egrep from /home/crx/ for the license key to see if its stored in a text file, it does not seem to be stored here...

• 5. Re: Change license for active DAY instance
                  Sham HC Level 7

It should  be in the parent directory of the crx-quickstart directory , could you please also verify at bin directory of JBoss

• 6. Re: Change license for active DAY instance
                    steve_dayman Level 1

Looks like it was in $JBOSS_HOME/bin. That's odd since i change all of the 'home' values in web.xml for both war files to /home/crx.

Either way, its fixed now