7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 23, 2012 7:23 PM by 74designer

3D tracker not sticky at render

74designer Level 1

I have a shot that pans down. I ran the 3D tracker. It create a camera and points. I placed a graphic on the window, in the pan, a changed that graphic layer to 3D. The graphic stuck fairly well to the shot. I went in and fine tuned key frames. I RAM previewed and all looks good. I do a final render as an Animation MOV and the graphic now bounces around on the window. I tried and image sequence - same result. Again I look at the RAM preview, 100%, Full Res and the graphics sticks fine. Hit the final render and it bounces around.

The only thing I haven't done is attached the graphic to a point that the 3D tracker created. But still, it looks fine in RAM preview. What the heck is up with the final render.

Any help is appreciated.

Take Care.

• 1. Re: 3D tracker not sticky at render
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Make sure you're looking at Active Camera when you do your previews. That's the only view that renders even if the scene is 3D.

If you are looking at Active Camera and the shot is what you want, then that's what is going to render. If you are looking at any other view what you see is NOT what you get.

• 2. Re: 3D tracker not sticky at render
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Well, if you "attached" stuff with an expression and use MP rendering, the expression may behave erratic. Other than that I think Rick already provided the most common answer to many of these issues...

Mylenium

• 3. Re: 3D tracker not sticky at render
              74designer Level 1

Hello Rick and Mylenium,

Thank you for your replies.

Yes, I was looking at the active camera view so I agree it should render as I see it in the RAM preview.

I am not using any expressions. AE created a 3D camera when I ran the 3D tracker. I placed a graphic into the scene and turned it into a 3D layer. The movement of the camera followed close enough to the scene that the graphic stuck pretty well. It needed some fine tuning and I did that with key frames on position. I ran a RAM preview and it looks good.

However the render still doesn't hold the graphic in place like the RAM preview shows.

Thanks for your assistance. I will keep trying things and let you know if I find what I missed.

Take Care.

• 4. Re: 3D tracker not sticky at render
                Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Post a screenshot of your project and render cue. You can just use the camera icon above to do so.

• 5. Re: 3D tracker not sticky at render
                  74designer Level 1

Hello Rick,

My apologies for the delayed reply. The file that was giving me trouble was part of a screener I needed to get out. I had hoped to make the tracked file part of the screener but I ran out of time and left it out. I had to do a final render of the file and get it out the door. Now I am back and would like to see if I can resolve this issue to include this in the final render.

Here is a  screen shot of my AE file. Active Camera view is on. Again RAM preview looks fine. Final render it is jumpy.

Thank you

Screen Shot 2012-10-03 at 1.56.44 PM.png

• 6. Re: 3D tracker not sticky at render
                    74designer Level 1

Oh yeah. The drive with all of the clips are at another office at the moment. That is why they are missing from my assets window.

• 7. Re: 3D tracker not sticky at render
                      74designer Level 1

I found out the problem. I had "Frame Blending" checked on my bottom video clip. Viewing it as a RAM preview looked perfect but when I did final render the frame blending portion kicked in and screwed things up. Sheesh. Well I hope this post helps someone else in the future.

Take Care.