0 Replies Latest reply on Sep 26, 2012 3:31 PM by moodyville

Using Export for Kindle, how can I get black body text to display inverse (white on black) on Kindle

moodyville

I'm using ID 5.5 on a Vista system.

I've created a book file with some colored fonts and anchored gif images. Basic paragraph (body text) is black. The "Export to Kindle" mobi file displays fine on Kindle for PC and Kindle Previewer.

Kindle PC alows viewing on white, sepia or black background. Works fine on white and sepia, but when the black color mode is selected (night viewing option) the black text does not display as white text. What can I do to have the black text automatically change to white?

While trying to find a solution, I created an epub file of the book and, using Calibre, converted it to mobi. When this mobi file is loaded into Kindle PC, the black text does automatically change to white when viewed on the black screen. I would use this method of creating the mobi, but there are several other issues that make this process unsatisfactory (other text colors don't work well, image transparency losses, etc).

So, how can I get the black to white text thing using only Export to Kindle?

Jim