2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 27, 2012 2:55 PM by TheRossman

SMPTE-TT Plugin

TheRossman

Hello,

First let me start off by saying I have recently implemented the SMPTE-TT plugin supplied with OSMF and it's really great!  This is nearly broadcast quality captioning in a web player!

One thing I would like to do is prevent my control rack from going over the captions when it is displayed (it autohides after short period).

I can't figure out if I should set some Layout metadata for the caption plugin, or what the deal is.  Any advice would be appreciated!

Cheers!

• 1. Re: SMPTE-TT Plugin
          Gaius Coffey Level 2

Hi,

Not seen that plugin! I saw the one to parse and generate captioning events, but nothing for display (so I cooked up one of my own). Will do a quick search to see if I can find it.

LayoutMetadata isn't conditional, so I imagine that you either need to set the caption layoutMetadata to show where the controls won't or to listen for caption show / hide events and modify the layoutMetadata programmatically accordingly.

G

• 2. Re: SMPTE-TT Plugin
            TheRossman Level 1

Thanks for the feedback Gaius!

Appreciate the pointers and will hopefully be able to figure it out at some point!