5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 27, 2012 4:36 AM by tfbkny

Symbles don't work correctly while playing few seconds or few minutes

rothanac3971981

Hi ....Please Help..

I created an animation and I used png images then made them to be symbles... inside those symble I animated the position to go up and down when put the cursor on ( I also coded some script like " stop " ..)...

first testing everything work correctly... but after few time testing the animation became not really good..

after Publishing the Symbles don't work correctly while playing few seconds or few minutes...(all browsers)

** I used to meet this problem with Edge Animation Preview......  Now again With Edge Animation 1.0       

• 1. Re: Symbles don't work correctly while playing few seconds or few minutes
          tfbkny Level 1

May help to share your project of a sample so we can take a look at what you mean...

Cheers!

tfbkny

• 2. Re: Symbles don't work correctly while playing few seconds or few minutes
            rothanac3971981 Level 1

hi  tfbkny

here is my project .... could you help to find out for me ?

http://www.mediafire.com/?4zeqnatsubv9viv

Thanks.

• 3. Re: Symbles don't work correctly while playing few seconds or few minutes
              joel_pau Level 5

Hi,

Browsers don't like your code: they overreact.

You have to:

1) Delete your trigger events (vertical arrows): they are redundant.

2) Uncheck autoplay (vertical arrows).

3) Replace your mouseover events by mouseenter events.

4) Replace your mouseout events by mouseleave events.

Now, webkit browsers (Safari, Chrome) do not overreact.

You can download your files (new code = cool code). See: index2.an

• 5. Re: Symbles don't work correctly while playing few seconds or few minutes
                tfbkny Level 1

Thanks joel_pau you beat me to it we must be on different time zones That was the one of the problems I found too after trying several variants (this was quite a biatch and still doesn't play nice in all browsers) and I agree with the redundant trigger events deletion.

Since they were still playing like crap in non webkit browsers (FF/Opera, but I didn't check in IE), I continued to investigate. By the way I moved the action directly to the sliding image rather than adding it to the stage just to prevent that the text field would get in the way which has been tha case in other instances in the past.

The additional solution I found was to modify the images since the mess happened when the area of the image sliding down was then no longer in the "trigger area" messing up the playback giving a jerky motion as any minimal motion of the mouse hovering within that area would cause to trigger play/playReverse being detected as a "over" and an "out" event.

So while could continue to use the mouseover and mouseout (not necessary to use the mouseenter and mouseleave, but I left them there for faster resolution of the issue), one of the things that removed the massive jerkiness was extending the transparency area of the images of by the amount they needed to slide (170px in the sample file).

Thanks RothanaChhourm for posing the challenge here... I learned something new while trying to deal with it... and this also reminded me I miss flash quite a bit. There would've been no nonsense of wasting time for something so utterly simple. We had the wheel but we ended up reinventing it and doing several summersaults and back-flips in the process. While I like where HTML5 and non - based capabilities are headed I can't help but contemplate how rough they are and how they still pose the age old issue of rendering differently across different browser...something that with Flash had become a thing of the past... Oh well nuff nostalgia and "per aspera ad astra!" I guess... hopefully the aspera will be bearable and the astra won't be in a too far galaxy

The updated file can be downloaded from my Google Drive just select File>Download

Check that out and see if it's a bit smoother.

Cheers!

tfbkny