9 Replies Latest reply on Sep 29, 2012 8:43 AM by Frustrated in AZ

Digital Editions account

mauro 80

Hi, I have to open a document with Digital Editions, the document has been downloaded with the account of one of my colleague; when opening the file on my pc, obviously Digital Editions stops because account on pc and account on the file do not match. I need to reset my authorization to reinstall digital editions with my collague account in order to open that document on my PC. Somebody can help me please?

Thanks to anybody who will answer

• 1. Re: Digital Editions account
          Mandhir Bhatiaa Adobe Employee

Hi ,

We really apologize for all the inconvenience which has caused you.

Can you please provide us with both the Adobe ID which has issues so that we can check the same

In the meanwhile if these steps doesnt resolve your issues you can contact Adobe support by following the link below:

http://helpx.adobe.com/contact/

Thanks

Mandhir

• 2. Re: Digital Editions account
            mauro 80 Level 1

Hi,

thanks for answering me.

The account used to download the file:

info@pizzabibo.it

The account of Digital Editions on my pc:

quality-rd@pizzabibo.it

Best regards

Mauro Fantuzzi

Responsabile Qualità e R&D

<Removed by Moderator>

Descrizione: Descrizione: Descrizione: logo pizza bibo_restyle_REG           

PIZZABIBO SRL

Via Vittorio Veneto, 13

31014 San Martino di Colle Umberto (TV)

Italy-P.Iva 04225700261

www.pizzabibo.it

P ü SAVE PAPER - THINK BEFORE YOU PRINT

Le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio di posta elettronica sono riservate e confidenziali e ne è vietata la diffusione in qualunque modo eseguita. Qualora Lei non fosse la persona a cui il presente messaggio è destinato, La invitiamo ad eliminarlo e a non utilizzare in alcun caso il suo contenuto, dandone gentilmente comunicazione al mittente.

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential and may well also be legally privileged. if you are not among the named recipients, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from your system, do not use the contents for any purpose whatsoever nor disclose them to anyone else.

Da: Mandhir Bhatia forums@adobe.com

Inviato: venerdì 28 settembre 2012 02:00

A: mauro 80

Oggetto: Re: Digital Editions account Digital Editions account

Re: Digital Editions account

created by Mandhir Bhatia <http://forums.adobe.com/people/Mandhir+Bhatia>  in Downloading, Installing, Setting Up - View the full discussion <http://forums.adobe.com/message/4733622#4733622

• 3. Re: Digital Editions account
              Jeff A Wright Adobe Employee

You will either need to contact the e-book provider to reset the activation or authorize Adobe Digital Editions on your computer using your colleagues account.

Moved this discussion to the Adobe Digital Editions forum and have removed personal information from Mauro 80's post.

• 4. Re: Digital Editions account
                Frustrated in AZ Level 4

Sorry, but Jeff's answer is slightly off.  The ebook provider cannot reset

the activation.  And that has nothing to do with the situation as I

understand it.

What's missing from the discussion is the framework here.  Ebooks can be

shared or not, depending on the digital rights assigned to them by the

publisher, distributor or author.  People who download them should not

assume that they can share an ebook as they do with a printed book.  Before

you do anything else, check the digital rights of the ebook you're talking

about.  If it's on your colleague's computer, open Digital Editions in

Library mode.  Then hover your cursor over the arrow next to the ebook's

name.  A drop-down menu will appear, and one choice is "Item Info".  Click

on that choice, and a submenu will show you information about the ebook.

The middle entries will tell you whether copying is allowed.  If it is,

then you could transfer the ebook to your computer via Digital Editions,

and read it there or download it to an ereader.  If not, then you have to

contact the ebook provider and get another download from him to your

computer and under your Adobe ID.

It may be possible to authorize your computer with your colleague's ID

(assuming he has registered with Adobe), but that will not let you copy the

ebook to your computer.

=================

• 5. Re: Digital Editions account
                  mauro 80 Level 1

ok thank you very much.

the "Item info" states that copy is not allowed, but the document can be viewed on any device; but this requires the same account of Digital Editions as the one used to download the file, right?

so now i should authorize my computer with my colleague's ID, but the choice " authorize computer" on help menu (ctrl+shift+U)  is not available.

there is another path for this?

• 6. Re: Digital Editions account
                    mauro 80 Level 1

thank you and sorry for my mistakes.

• 7. Re: Digital Editions account
                      Frustrated in AZ Level 4

Mauro, you're welcome.  But you will not like the next part, I think.

If the Item Info says that copying is not allowed, then the ebook must stay

on your colleague's computer.  Your solution will not work because the

ebook's digital rights file keeps track of the computer and the Adobe

ID.  You cannot download the ebook to an ereader either.

==============

• 8. Re: Digital Editions account
                        mauro 80 Level 1

I'm realizing that it's as you say...every attempt lead to the same results...failure

but, the editor says that you can install the book on six devices. and if i try to reinstall digital edition on my pc, installation procedure does not ask for account, it goes straight to the end and when you start the software it is already authorized with my original account.

so, I will contact the editor to know what I have to do to have the book available on different pc; it is a very important book for my company, we need to have it shared between us.

thank you for support

• 9. Re: Digital Editions account
                          Frustrated in AZ Level 4

The installation of ebooks depends on the digital rights that they have.

The editor could remove the restriction on copying if he can, but it's

possible that the restriction was set by the publisher and he cannot.  In

that case, everyone who wishes to get a digital copy of the ebook would

have to purchase it and download it.

===============