5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 27, 2012 12:17 PM by Peter Spier

Stuck with tabs

SebastiaoV Level 1

Hi guys,

I have a 60mm colum and using two tabs. I don't know why the right tab so i can align all the numbers of the list mess up the whole thing. I put some spaces to move the number forward, but i know that the right way to do it is with tabs. Here is the sample.

https://skitch.com/svillalonga/eia4f/captura-de-pantalla-2012-09-27-a-la-s-12.48.51

Any ideas?

Thanks and regards,

S.-

• 1. Re: Stuck with tabs
          SJRiegel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I may be mis-reading this, but it looks like you are missing the first tab stop. The only one I see in the screen shot is the one on the right margin. I think if you add a left-aligning tab at the blue arrow, it should work.

Screen shot 2012-09-27 at 12.03.21 PM.png

• 2. Re: Stuck with tabs
            SebastiaoV Level 1

You are right Sriegel, i was missing the first tab stop...so close i didn´t notice. If there any way to give a whole list the tab stops without having to go one by one line in the column?

Cheers,

• 3. Re: Stuck with tabs
              SJRiegel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If all your text in the column requires the same set of tabs, just select all, and add the tabs. If it is lines that are not next to each other, use the eyedropper on the line that has the correct tabs, and then click the eyedropper into the lines you want to add them to. Clicking instead of dragging will apply just the tabs, and not all the formattting.

For future work, set up paragraph styles. That way, a change to the tabs in the style will change any text that style is applied to.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Stuck with tabs
                SebastiaoV Level 1

Thanks that is good info! Paragraph style sounds a good option for the future.

Cheers,

• 5. Re: Stuck with tabs
                  Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

The paragraph sytle only sets the tab positions, though. You have to actually enter the tab characters as part of the text for them to be used.