2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 27, 2012 1:58 PM by Karen@SCSBC

Source Sans Pro Weights Not Available

Karen@SCSBC

I downloaded and installed the Source Sans Pro font files from this folder: SourceSansPro_FontsOnly-1.036. All of the font weights are available to me in Microsoft Word, but in InDesign CS5 I can only choose regular or bold. How can I access the whole font family?

My OS is Windows 7 64-bit.

• 1. Re: Source Sans Pro Weights Not Available
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

I just installed them here to see what would happen (also on Win7 x64). The first time I tried I slected all 24 fonts and told windows to install them, and thougth it was odd that I kept getting a warning that the fonts were already installed. I checked, and Source Sans Pro was listed twice in the font list in ID -- the first listing was only one style, and the second seemed to be the entire collection, so I looked again and noticed that the package contains both OTF and TTF versions.

I removed the fonts from Windows, then deleted the AdobeFnt**.lst files where ** is a two-digit number, but ID was till showing the fonts as there, twice. A reboot solved that, and I reinstalled just the OTF versions (12 weights) and they show up fine, listed only once.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Source Sans Pro Weights Not Available
            Karen@SCSBC Level 1

Thanks Peter. This is the answer to a problem I'd never run into before. I had no idea what to do. I appreciate the time you took to test it. I got some feedback from Paul Hunt who advised only installing OTF or TTF. I had to reboot before I could uninstall, then I installed only the OTF weights. Now all the weights are available. It's an odd issue, but I'm happy to know the solution.