1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 28, 2008 9:38 AM by Newsgroup_User

Using a cookie from one application web site to another application

meeyaw
      Hi,

I have a big application written in ASP/CF. In this application, I added a link to my small application in CF. Both apps are on the same server but separate websites. I liked to use the user admin functionality that is available in the big application into my small apps. What I need is the cookie userid from the big application so that I can use it. How do I go about that? Can you please provide a sample code?

Thanks in advance.
        • 1. Re: Using a cookie from one application web site to another   application
          Level 7
          meeyaw wrote:
          > Hi,
          >
          > I have a big application written in ASP/CF. In this application, I added a
          > link to my small application in CF. Both apps are on the same server but
          > separate websites. I liked to use the user admin functionality that is
          > available in the big application into my small apps. What I need is the cookie
          > userid from the big application so that I can use it. How do I go about that?
          > Can you please provide a sample code?
          >
          > Thanks in advance.
          >

Cookies, by definition, are web site specific. You can set them to be
          shared across sub-domains, but you can not have one domain read another
          domains cookies. To do what you want one of the applications will have
          to pass the desired value to the other in some manner of your choosing.