2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 1, 2012 12:51 PM by chris.campbell

Uninstall of flash 11.4.402.278 MSI fails

hartnegg

When Flash Plugin version 11.4.402.278 is installed via MSI, the uninstall fails. It's removed from the list in appwiz.cpl, but the files remain on the disk and Firefox continues to find and use it.

• 1. Re: Uninstall of flash 11.4.402.278 MSI fails
          hartnegg Level 1

Meanwhile I learned that this is caused by Adobe garbling version numbers 11.4.402.278 and v11.4.402.267 in this MSI-file. Specifically the CustomAction for uninstall contains the wrong filename. Other items are affected as well.

Adobe has announced in http://forums.adobe.com/message/4711264 that they know this error and won't fix it, because version 287 doesn't contain anything new.

However from the news about the hack of the digital signatures I thought the update was important to get a freshly signed executable. The old ones will be affected by the planned withdraw of the certificate.

• 2. Re: Uninstall of flash 11.4.402.278 MSI fails
            chris.campbell Adobe Employee

Hi hartnegg,

The bug that is referenced in the other post (our internal number is 3333545) is purely cosmetic but will be fixed in our next release.

However, you are correct that there is another problem with uninstalling.  I've talked about this with our installer team and they are aware of it and it too will be fixed in our next update (scheduled for the next week or two.)  The team is double checking now to see if it's fixed in both the integrated and stand alone uninstallers.  Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Chris