1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 28, 2012 10:42 AM by Steve Werner

Alternate Layout Issues

maf79

I had never used alternate layouts (through the page panel). I selected it and Indesign crashed. This happened several times so I gave up.

Fast forward to a couple days later, a completely different document. When I print and want to select a specific page range, it only has "letter H" as an option. I can't type in what pages I want to print. I've tried to figure out what I have done, but I have no clue. I believe it to be, somehow, related to the alternate layout option. Anyone have any idea how to fix this? In my page panel, it doesn't look like there is an alternate layout.

indesign_print.jpg

• 1. Re: Alternate Layout Issues
          Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I've used the Alternate Layout feature several times on two Macs running 10.7 and 10.8 (Lion and Mountain Lion) with no problems crashing.

You can rename an alternate layout by clicking on the layout name in the Pages panel. It will highlight, and you can give it a different name.

As to printing or exporting pages when there is an alternate layout: When there only one layout, you can just enter a range, like 1-2. If there are more than one alternate layout, enter it like this:

Letter H:1-2

It's just like printing or exporting pages from an InDesign document with sections, because alternate layouts are like variants of sections.