4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 28, 2012 4:11 PM by Noel Carboni

error message in CS6

thesigndiva

I downloaded CS6 and everytime i try to add a shape I get a program error message

• 1. Re: error message in CS6
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Well, I'm sure that sucks, but since you did not tell us the exact text of the message nor what exactly your are doing plus providing some system info, I'm afraid nobody will be able to realyl help you. You could simply just be doing something silly (no offense).

Mylenium

• 2. Re: error message in CS6
            thesigndiva Level 1

i am adding a shape..and it says "could not use shape tool because of a program error"

• 3. Re: error message in CS6
              Level 7

Did you install the 13.0.1 update?

• 4. Re: error message in CS6
                Noel Carboni Level 8

Mylenium wrote:
                you did not tell us the exact text of the message nor what exactly your are doing plus providing some system info

thesigndiva wrote:

i am adding a shape..and it says "could not use shape tool because of a program error"

Why would you respond to a post in which an expert asks you to provide system info without doing so?

I hope updating to 13.0.1 as Chris has suggested fixes the problem for you, but if it doesn't would you please consider providing all the detailed info you'd wish someone asking YOU for help would give.  Maybe even post a screen grab showing the error.  No one has a crystal ball here.  Even if they did, it would read out...

CrystalBallSays.jpg

-Noel