3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 28, 2012 1:02 PM by Noel Carboni

Setting the hotspot on a brush

AlstonA Level 1

I''m trying to set my brush up so that it will Mark on one point of the brush.

Untitled-2.png

I want my brush so that it will only draw within the area within the circle, Is there a way for me to set that up in photoshop.

• 1. Re: Setting the hotspot on a brush
          Noel Carboni Level 8

I'm not sure, but I can suggest one alternative:  Try the Pencil Tool. 

If you're trying to get pixel-perfect editing done you'll want to use Pencil instead of Brush, because the latter anti-aliases pixels when it works.

-Noel

• 2. Re: Setting the hotspot on a brush
            AlstonA Level 1

Thanks I will do. Also, I have other problem. In CS6 there is this option where the brush will randomize after each stroke. Is there a way to stop this?

• 3. Re: Setting the hotspot on a brush
              Noel Carboni Level 8

Make the Brush panel visible via Window - Brush, then look and see what Dynamics you have enabled there.  There's one called Scattering for example with a Jitter setting that will randomize things.

If that's not on target, please describe what you mean by "the brush will randomize", maybe post some additional pictures.

I have to say, the picture you posted above does not even look like something from Photoshop.  Are we talking about the right product here?  Adobe Photoshop CS6?

-Noel