8 Replies Latest reply on Sep 30, 2012 11:07 AM by mikeklar

Adobe Application Manager

22videouk

I cannot do any updates to Premiere Pro CS6 as the Adobe Application Manager 'may be damaged'

I have downloaded a new version of this but it makes no difference

I am using a windows machine  and Windows 7 software

It would appear that there may be a major problem with the Appllication Manager

Does anybody know a fix for this please

Derek M

• 1. Re: Adobe Application Manager
          Harm Millaard Level 7

Something weird is going on here. I updated my Adobe applications today and all of a sudden there was a desktop item 'Adobe Application Manager' that showed a number of applications (that were installed previously) as not being installed, PS, PR, IL, MU, Acrobat, Fb, AN just to name a few. I installed them again but wonder if it is worth the huge time it takes to re-install them again and what it will do to my previous installations.

Can some staff member comment on this strange behaviour?

• 2. Re: Adobe Application Manager
            Kevin-Monahan Adobe Employee

Let me check on this for you guys.

• 3. Re: Adobe Application Manager
              CAOLSEN Level 1

Same here, this happened a couple days ago.  Application manager suddenly appears on the desktop and says I don't have certain progarms installed yet.  But they are all installed.

Pretty wierd.

• 4. Re: Adobe Application Manager
                Jeff A Wright Adobe Employee

22videouk have you tried reinstalling the Adobe Application Manager from http://www.adobe.com/downloads/.  You can find a link to the Windows version in the bottom right hand corner of the page.

• 5. Re: Adobe Application Manager
                  Harm Millaard Level 7

Kevin,

Further info: Yesterday all my programs were up-to-date, then AAM appeared and wanted to install all the applications that were - mistakenly - not installed. Did that and today all 16 applications needed updates, taking around 2.3 GB to download and the inherent time.

Does Adobe update all 16 programs in the Master Collection on a daily basis or is this another unexplainable anomaly with AAM?

• 6. Re: Adobe Application Manager
                    Dennis 1111 Level 2

AAM is buggy.  One of those bugs is to show "Install" for apps that are already installed and up to date.  See comment 37 from Ken Rice in this thread:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1070249?start=0&tstart=0

The Adobe Creative Cloud is the cloud:

- that Adobe hopes your head is in so that once you start that monthly charge to your credit card, you will forget and provide that continuous revenue flow forever.

- from what the Adobe developers are smoking while doing their programming.  After all man, they can always push out "updates" and "new features".  It's the cloud, man. QA ain't with it, man.

- that rains crap on the non-subscription software that some of us paid (significant) money for. 

• 7. Re: Adobe Application Manager
                      Steven L. Gotz Level 5

Dennis 1111 wrote:

The Adobe Creative Cloud is the cloud:

- that Adobe hopes your head is in so that once you start that monthly charge to your credit card, you will forget and provide that continuous revenue flow forever.

- from what the Adobe developers are smoking while doing their programming.  After all man, they can always push out "updates" and "new features".  It's the cloud, man. QA ain't with it, man.

- that rains crap on the non-subscription software that some of us paid (significant) money for. 

I took a look at the amount of money it would take to go from Production Premium CS3 to Master Collection CS6 and decided that a monthly stream of $29.99 was better than paying up front and knowing that I would upgrade again in a year or two. If, like me, you like to keep up with the changes - and I did until something came up back in 2008/2009 - it might cost a little more to go with the Creative Cloud, but will be worth it to have the programs I would have had trouble justifying if I paid for each one outside of the Master Collection. Yes, it is a constant stream of revenue. Good for them. I think it is good for me, so we both win. Isn't that what we all want? To get what we want and have the other person, or corporation, happy as well so they keep producing what I want to buy? Regardless of the political climate that says profit is bad, I know that profit means I will continue to get the products I want to buy. There are free programs, or practically free, that allow you to edit video. I prefer the Adobe way. So I pay for it.

I agree that bugs are a hassle, but I really like the fact that they can fix them without me having to wait for DVDs to arrive in the mail. This has nothing to do with the Creative Cloud. Although it might be possible that I will get my fixes before you. But, I pay more according to you. So fair is fair. Right? Sorry. It is not fair. But it is what it is.

I am sorry to say that your third point might be correct. However, I paid for mine, you paid for yours. If you don't get your fairr share of attention, then perhaps you have to pay more. Unfortunate, but if it is fact, then deal with it however you wish. I am not certain that it is correct. But if it is, that's unfortunate.

• 8. Re: Adobe Application Manager
                        mikeklar Level 1

I have the exact same issue.

As well I have clicked on the install button for about six of nine programs that are (were)  denoted as "not being installed" and there appears to be no problem.  Although it seemed the install went through the entire process. 

However this is of concern, why would "Adobe Application Manager" not detect all programs that are installed.  Especially when a similar window opens up a couple od days later to update most of the CS6 Master collection?

Cheers,

Michael

Ps. a seperate issue - apparently I am entitled to Adobe Muse as it is part of the 16 programs shown in AAM, however, after installing it from AAM (it was not previously installed) and starting it an advisory comes up denoting my trial period has ended and requesting I purchase it???