4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 1, 2012 5:21 AM by Steve Grisetti

Auto Analyzer runs on it's own

nuttupeditor

I am running PRe8 on a windows 7 operating system.

I want to turn off auto analyzer...FOREVER!

The only place I seem to have the ability to turn it off is a radio button when Capturing data.Preferncs.jpg

Capture.jpg

The analyzer dialog starts when I capture media (in spite of the settings) and basically hangs the program.  I need to go into Task manager and kill the process.  It eats my entire cpu while running.

Even more frustrating is that when I edit a clip using the scissors the Auto-Analyzer starts and hangs forever.

AA.jpg

I HATE this option that Adobe added to Elements and  I wish I could make it go away forever, but if that isn't possible at lease while I am trying to edit clips.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Kelly

• 1. Re: Auto Analyzer runs on it's own
          Barbara B. Level 7

Premiere Elements has its own forum and it's better to ask there, since very few of us in the PSE forum use PRE. I'll move your post so you don't have to go through all that again.

• 2. Re: Auto Analyzer runs on it's own
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

If you have selected the option for the program to break scenes in your captured video by content, the auto analyzer must run as part of the process.

If you don't have this option selected, it shouldn't run on your caputred video.

• 3. Re: Auto Analyzer runs on it's own
              nuttupeditor Level 1

It's funny that you can select "detect scenes" and "deselect Autoanalyzer", if both need to run if either is selected.

So I got my media with "detect scenes" turned on and "Auto Analalzer" turned off.  About 1/2 my video was captured fine.

For about 1/2 of it auto analyzer runs and hangs 100% of the time.  I need to kill it in task manager.

Anyway, now I have video and I want to edit it.  Any "cut" will again run the dreaded auto analyzer and hang.

So is all my video useless for editing?

• 4. Re: Auto Analyzer runs on it's own
                Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Your video is already captured to your hard drive.

Try opening a new Premiere Elements project and using Get Media/From Files and Folders to bring the video into your project. Unless you select a tool that triggers the auto analyzer (like Smart Fix, Smart Trim or Break Scenes by Content) your auto analyzer should not run.

The problem is that you selected the option to run the auto analyzer in your current project as you captured your video. So, in your current project, the program is going to attempt to complete the option you selected.