4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 30, 2012 12:53 PM by rubovia

Dynamic Link Media Server error in PS CS6

rubovia

I've just installed PS CS6 Extended 32 and 64 bit versions 13.0.1 on a new PC running Windows 7.

If I try to open a video I get an error message:

cs6 error.jpg

When I click Continue I get this:

cs6 error 2.jpg

And finally this ...

cs6 error 3.jpg

Can anyone help me fix this please?

Thanks,

Mike

• 1. Re: Dynamic Link Media Server error in PS CS6
          sudarshan.t Level 6

What do you mean - you installed 32 and 64bit versions?

One of the two things:

1. There is an incorrect application path specified by the installation to one of the application files

2. Problematic video format - What format of video are you trying to import and how big is the video? Are you importing 1 or multiple videos? If multiple, can you try importing just 1?

Lastly, can you try a reboot?

• 2. Re: Dynamic Link Media Server error in PS CS6
            rubovia Level 1

Thanks for your quick response.

Your first question is a bit puzzling! The CS6 installation disk contains 32 and 64 bit versions of the program and I installed both. I believe this is the usual procedure ...

As for your other questions:

1. I didn't modify the default installation paths, although subsequently I moved the scratchfile location to another drive to overcome the directory protection bug in CS6.

2. The videos are standard MOV format from my Canon digital camera. I only imported one at a time and they are relatively small (a few tens of MB).

Yes, I tried rebooting but that didn't help.

Since I posted my question I found that unchecking "Use Graphics Processor" in the Preferences dialog has stopped the error ocurring. Why should this be? My processor is an AMD A4-300 with Radeon HD6410D GPU.

Mike

• 3. Re: Dynamic Link Media Server error in PS CS6
              sudarshan.t Level 6

You need not install both versions of it. It's only an installer for 32 or 64bit depending on your os..

Your graphics processor - ensure you update to latest version of your video card driver. that should hopefully fix it.

And yes don't update using windows updater, download the driver from manufacturer website please

• 4. Re: Dynamic Link Media Server error in PS CS6
                rubovia Level 1

OK Sudarshan, thanks for the advice.

Mike