7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2012 1:14 PM by redgeckoTOTO

Premiere Pro has encountered an error

G_W Level 1

Ever since the last update (latest) I consistantly get this error. There is no way back from it, have to quit PP.

Screen-Shot-2012-10-02-at-7.09.02-AM.jpg

Ive tried converting all audio to 48Hz WAV files. No luck and that shouldnt be nessesary anyway.

Running an 8 core MacPro on Lion (latest builds of everything).

Anyone else having this problem or know what this error means?

Thanks for your time.

• 1. Re: Premiere Pro has encountered an error
          carlheyerdahl

I too am having the exact same issue, anyone know anything about this??? Please its ruing my life haha.

• 2. Re: Premiere Pro has encountered an error
            CCID

has any one heard any reasons why the error is occuring?

• 3. Re: Premiere Pro has encountered an error
              Stevelup12

I had the same error (Adobe Premiere Pro, CS6, Mac Mountain Lion).  My research concluded that it was a 'permissions' problem.  I found this thread with the solution that fixed my problem.

https://discussions.apple.com/message/10772108#10772108#10772108 

Hopefully it works for you too. 

Note that I had some trepeditation about using the terminal command since I know very little about Macs or what was actually being 'fixed' with the recommended command.  I backed up everything before I started.  It's been 3 days now and no unanticipated problems seemed to have accompanied the fix.

Good luck.

• 4. Re: Premiere Pro has encountered an error
                Jim Curtis Level 3

Seems pretty obvious it's something to do with audio. 

Try deleting the preferences for Pr and for your OS Audio Devices.

• 5. Re: Premiere Pro has encountered an error
                  redgeckoTOTO

Just got off customer support and this is what worked for me:

Make sure Adobe Premiere is closed.

1. In Finder go to:

Users/...(your userame).../Library/Preferences/Adobe/Premiere Pro/

2. Rename the folder called "6.0" to "old6.0".

3. Restart Premiere.

And the exact same error (AudioPrefetch.cpp-99) was gone!

• 6. Re: Premiere Pro has encountered an error
                    DMH79 Level 2

Had the same error tonight. Ugh. I already have to hit continue 96 times on this error (ticktime.cpp-207) just to open the project! That error hits every single one of my projects and I once had to hit continue 396 times to open a project (yes, I counted). This one with audioprefetch.cpp-99 is new as of tonight and hit right after I added a series of cross dissolves to the audio of combined clips. I found that collapsing the audio track helped. I also read somewhere that turning off waveforms in the audio tracks will help, but at the end of the day its REALLY annoying. So I tried switching "6.0" to "old6.0" as described in the above post and I still had the same error. The error causes the waveforms in most clips to disappear. I had to hit continue on this error 41 times. Now that's not the 96 that I have to hit on the other error EVERY TIME I open my project but the error was still there. So I went back and deleted a few of the cross dissolves and then the error went away. At least so far...

It's been only 5 minutes now since the error appeared, when I decided to come back to this thread so I'm not sure if it will stay away but this is my experience so I thought I'd share. I have almost zero faith in Adobe on fixing either of these 2 errors, but that's only because I sometimes feel like there's so much they're working on and trying to fix that errors like this that hit a few people don't really matter. I've no proof, just a building sentiment. Great, error-rich program Premiere CS6 is. (that sounded like yoda)

BTW, I'm on a 2011 27" iMac with AMD 6970M and 16gb RAM, OSX 10.6.8 Premiere CS 6.0.2 in case that matters.

• 7. Re: Premiere Pro has encountered an error
                      redgeckoTOTO Level 1

Now I had the same error again (audioprefetch.cpp-99) on a different project and this solution didn't work