My goal is to create a PDF document with page curls. I am using Adobe CS 4.
1. The document was created in Adobe InDesign CS 4 where the page turn (curl) transition was applied.
2. Then the document was exported to .swf.
3. The .swf file was imported into Adobe Acrobat Pro to create a PDF file with flip page or page curl transitions.
These are the problems.
1. The background is not transparent.
2. Page dimensions have to be increased at least an inch in width and length so that the full page can show
3. The command and+ will not only increases the document's screen size. It increases the page margins.
PDF was never designed to support the Flash page curl effect (it didn't exist back then). Anything you try (and you've tried the standard hack) will look like a hack. Personally, I don't think the effort is worth it for an effect that's much overused.