39 Replies Latest reply on Oct 16, 2012 9:19 AM by Jim_Simon

New version - old problems + new! (Premiere CS6.0.3)

leoneed27 Level 1

I updated Premiere to version 6.0.3 but most critical problems are still there!

1) Premiere is unable to open Broadcast WAV files (with  size of more than 4Gb).

- Please, give an advise, how to record to tape 1h40min movie with 12 channels of sound.

2) Premiere is unable to export WAV-files with size of more than 4Gb (seems, for the same reason as stated above).

3) Only 8 channels for Insert and Assemble are available in "Export to tape", even if I have 16-channel timeline.

4) Problem with export to tape and 00:00:00:00 timecode still unsolved.

- Please, give an advise on how to insert audio or video to prerecorded tape with TC, starting at 23:59:00:00 and ending at 00:01:00:00 (on tape).

5) New problem: It's impossible to close "Export to tape" dialog.

6) New problem: When I'm running Rhozet Carbon Coder and Premiere CS6.0.3 simultaneously, Premiere freeze video playback unexpectedly. In that case audio is still going and Premiere does not report drop frames. That happens even in "Export to tape" mode.

I'm using several tape recorders (SRW-5500, MSW-M2000P, DVW-A500P, BVW-75P, etc..), Blackmagic Multibridge Eclipse (drivers version 9.6.5), Supermicro dual Xeon motherboard, 24Gb, 14Tb Adaptec RAID, FX-5800, Windows7 with most recent updates.

I'm reporting that bugs since December 2011, but nothing happens.

• 1. Re: New version - old problems + new! (Premiere CS6.0.3)
          Kevin-Monahan Adobe Employee

Premiere Pro CS6 (6.0.3) was a Windows only update and only for the following issues.

No other fixes were made.

If you've got feature requests or bug reports, please make them here: http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

Unfortunately, not all bugs can be fixed easily, or have repeatable cases.

Thanks.

• 2. Re: New version - old problems + new! (Premiere CS6.0.3)
            leoneed27 Level 1

I submitted bug reports and feature requests one more time. Hope, it will help. I wonder how long it might take to fix the issues?

I'd like to work, but not to test beta-versions of software.

• 3. Re: New version - old problems + new! (Premiere CS6.0.3)
              DMH79 Level 2

leoneed27 wrote:

I submitted bug reports and feature requests one more time. Hope, it will help. I wonder how long it might take to fix the issues?

I'd like to work, but not to test beta-versions of software.

To answer your question...some issues with Adobe are never fixed. Your issue was reported in Dec. 2011 and that's very frustrating. An issue I've had that was first noted in 2010 is still here.

See a thread they marked as "solved" recently when the issue still remains and they chose to ignore the fact that the workaround they proposed does NOT actually work for many users!!!

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1069438?tstart=0

There's a good chance now that they've explained that you need to simply fill out a wish form, that they'll lock the thread and call it a day. I hope that's not the case here and these issues are resolved for you. In many ways CS6 (as of 6.0.3) is very beta.

• 4. Re: New version - old problems + new! (Premiere CS6.0.3)
                leoneed27 Level 1

Why did they add "PRO"?

When it was Premiere 2.0 (in 90-es) everyone knew that it's just 'a cutting soft'. But now, when it's positioning as PROFESSIONAL it MUST have all features reliable and working before release!

PS. I still have Premiere 2.0 installation package on 3,5" diskettes!

• 5. Re: New version - old problems + new! (Premiere CS6.0.3)
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

See a thread they marked as "solved" recently when the issue still remains and they chose to ignore the fact that the workaround they proposed does NOT actually work for many users!!!

The marking of a thread as "Answered," or a Reply as "Correct" is done by the OP, so it is probably a case, where the Replies DID answer the question for the OP. That it might work for others, with perhaps different Source Material, different computers, or similar, is not an indication that the responses did not adequately fix things for that OP.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 6. Re: New version - old problems + new! (Premiere CS6.0.3)
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

Why did they add "PRO"?

When it was Premiere 2.0 (in 90-es) everyone knew that it's just 'a cutting soft'.

The designation "Pro" was added with Premiere version 7.0. For the vast majority of the packaging, that version became known as Premiere Pro 1.0.

Hunt

• 7. Re: New version - old problems + new! (Premiere CS6.0.3)
                      TradeWind Level 3

leoneed27 wrote:

Why did they add "PRO"?

When it was Premiere 2.0 (in 90-es) everyone knew that it's just 'a cutting soft'. But now, when it's positioning as PROFESSIONAL it MUST have all features reliable and working before release!

I am a professional editor and have been using it since 6.5 back in the early 2000's. It fits all my needs as a pro.

Turner Broadcasting and BBC use PPro, they appear to be professionals.

I could name a dozen other medium sized post facilities where PPro is loaded up for every project. It's professional, so please get beyond that. Software is subject to bugs, system problems and user error. It's immensely complex and affects everything from the most basic consumer editing application all the way up to Avid (seriously...go check their user forums....same for Apple, and they have more "control" over the user scenarios than anyone!)

Sorry you are having a problem that hasn't been addressed to your satisfaction, but they are not problems that warrant enough attention from Adobe unfortunately, for the previously mentioned reasons....not a fixable item or not many other people trying to do what you do, or not a true "bug" to begin with. Who knows....I wish you luck, but please know that many other professionals are being well served by PPro.

• 8. Re: New version - old problems + new! (Premiere CS6.0.3)
                        leoneed27 Level 1

Dear Christian!

Many of 'Chinese' products are also have "Pro" in their names, but it does not make them PROFESSIONAL!

- Why everyone who needs the result uses SONY, Ikegami, Panasonic or Snell&Wilcox equipment?

- WHY?!

- Because when you open box with recorder, mixing console or camera you are sure that you can plug it and do the Broadcast!

Half feature is NOT the feature!

PROFESSIONAL staff MUST have all features reliable and working before release!

How can you use the soft which can freeze, fail, stop responding or give you unexpected result at any time?!

Call it "Beta release CS6.0.3" and we will wait untill it become PRO!

But now People are spending money to get headache!

Please, correct me if I'm mistaking.

• 9. Re: New version - old problems + new! (Premiere CS6.0.3)
                          TradeWind Level 3

Sorry, I just am not having the issues you are having. My point is/was that I and many others are doing professional work such as you are, and we've dropped the big bucks on PPro over and over because it does help us accomplish our professional video projects.

Again, any software - ANY software - is going to be subject to unforeseen circumstances and hardware scenarios. It doesn't make you a beta tester, it makes you an outlier. You are having issues that are either unique to your setup or not commonly shared with other users. That is all. It's not an insult nor should it be seen that way, it's just the way it works....with Adobe, with Apple, Avid, Microsoft, etc...

• 10. Re: New version - old problems + new! (Premiere CS6.0.3)
                            nw42 Level 2

We urgently need support for 64 bit broadcast WAV files to be able to deal with feature lenght material.

Please let us load and save 6 or 8 channel mixes as one wav file and send them to Audition - it would make work a lot easier...

It's a hassle to manually mute/unmute -> export every audio track.

• 12. Re: New version - old problems + new! (Premiere CS6.0.3)
                              leoneed27 Level 1

I'm requesting that feature since December 2011, but nothing was changed.

Seems that developers are sleeping...

• 13. Re: New version - old problems + new! (Premiere CS6.0.3)
                                Jim_Simon Level 8

Or, just not enough people need (and have requested) the feature.

Or, plenty of editors need it and have requested it, but other features had even more requests and as Adobe methodically works their way through the list, they just haven't hit this one yet.

Or, their are other methods of achieving the same end result that obviate the need to devote limited resources to developing this feature.

Or...

• 14. Re: New version - old problems + new! (Premiere CS6.0.3)
                                  nw42 Level 2

I also have requested RF64 Broadcast Wave support for Premiere - Audition already has it...

Most editors don't know that there are serious problems with audio in MOV files - randomly audio peaks occour in imported or exported footage if the audio track is large.

see for reference: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4470314#4470314

I also don't understand that exporting a 15min 16ch audio track to WAV is resulting in an "Unecpected Error" - 15min isn't so much? Isn't it? ;-)

So all we can do now is to pray for...

• 15. Re: New version - old problems + new! (Premiere CS6.0.3)
                                    shooternz Level 6

Can I just throw these questions into the general mix of this thread.

I question the viability and logic of workflows ...for long form work in particular.

Why not do all your track laying and sound design in a DAW?  eg ProTools , Audition...

How many tracks are  needed to edit in a NLE?  (ie. why sound design . track lay in an editing app?)

Why not  use OMF in an edit ( NLE) to Audio (DAW) workflow?

Whats so difficult exporting a handful of Audio Tracks for use in a DAW?  Whats the hassle involved? ( Shift>Click> Click)

Who finishes "feature films" in an NLE  (such as Premiere, FCP, FCPX, Avid, Vegas, Edius...?)

NLE = Edit

Compositor = Composite and FX

DAW = Audio ( Sound design, F.X , Mix)

CC Application = Color / Grade  (Colorist)

Just asking.

• 16. Re: New version - old problems + new! (Premiere CS6.0.3)
                                      Jim_Simon Level 8
                                      Most editors don't know that there are serious problems with audio in MOV files - randomly audio peaks occour in imported or exported footage if the audio track is large.

Yet another good reason never to use QuickTime.

• 17. Re: New version - old problems + new! (Premiere CS6.0.3)
                                        nw42 Level 2

I question the viability and logic of workflows ...for long form work in particular.

signed...

Why not do all your track laying and sound design in a DAW?  eg ProTools , Audition...

-> We do so.

I get approved audio mixes from external recording studios. They deliver 5.1 theatrical mix, TV stereo mix, M&E... different localized versions - some times I have three 5.1 mixes in parallel + stereo for sync - resulting in 20 mono tracks in the sequence.

How many tracks are  needed to edit in a NLE?  (ie. why sound design . track lay in an editing app?)

-> We don't do sound design in an NLE - we only sync the final master channels.

-> As you can see - currently about 20 tracks - if we start to master more 7.1 mixes even more + 4K res. for the images

Why not  use OMF in an edit ( NLE) to Audio (DAW) workflow?

--> We don't have an NLE->DAW workflow. We have an HDCAM SR/ Digital Cinema Package + WAV theatrical mix -> Premiere -> Digital Cinema Pckage/ Bluray workflow.

We only use Audition for final check of the waveforms and to measure loudness. (Currently we also need it to split 5.1 Multichannel WAV into single channel discreete files.)

1. Exporting to OMF is similar to "Send to Audition" if you have an 5.1 track it will fail because of filesize. For mono tracks you lose your mixer setup and as far as I know you only can export from Audition via "Export Mixdown" so this doesnt work because the mixer setup isn't transfered from Premiere to Audition.

Whats so difficult exporting a handful of Audio Tracks for use in a DAW?  Whats the hassle involved? ( Shift>Click> Click)

--> If you use Premiere to export assets for DCP mastering from multiple features in multiple versions on a daily basis you know what hassle means...

1. In Audition I can save a 5.1 WAV mix via "File->Save as..." Job done.

2. In Premiere I have to:

01 set Channel L to solo
                                        02 export WAV as mono channel - wait...
                                        03 set Channel R to solo
                                        04 export WAV as mono channel - wait...
                                        05 set Channel C to solo
                                        06 export WAV as mono channel - wait...
                                        07 set Channel Lfe to solo
                                        08 export WAV as mono channel - wait...
                                        09 set Channel Ls to solo
                                        10 export WAV as mono channel - wait...
                                        11 set Channel Rs to solo
                                        12 export WAV as mono channel - wait...

then rings the phone and the distributor logo gets 2s extendet - and all the audio exports starts again...

And no - you can't save a 5.1 multichannel WAV in one step because RF64 Broadcast WAV isn't supported.

Who finishes "feature films" in an NLE  (such as Premiere, FCP, FCPX, Avid, Vegas, Edius...?)

--> Not finishing - mastering - we get the logo inserts, titles, main picture, audio mixes, subtitles... all assets - we assemble, crop, scale, check levels and colors, transcode, conform, sync -  and finally create a DSDM (Digital Source Distribution Master)

Why we do so?

1. Client not always pays the rates to use a Clipster Workstation.

2. Premiere is much faster than a Autodesk Smoke and light years beyond a Avid DS (To be honest the Mercury Playback Engine is a killer thing and our Clipster operators don't belive how fast it really is...)

Premiere is incredible brillinat in complex things like debayer 4K RAW on the fly or realtime GPU filters - but it fails in some really simple things like import/export WAV audio or burnin Subtitles...

• 18. Re: New version - old problems + new! (Premiere CS6.0.3)
                                          nw42 Level 2

Hi Jim,

Yet another good reason never to use QuickTime.

What to use instead?

MXF in Premiere currently is good for croadcast but not used in film (not even 24p mode).

Prores HQ & DNXHD in Quicktime MOV container are the only file formats that have acceptable image quality at about 200MBit/s  and you can send it to any facility - don't try to send an AVI with Blackmagic codec to a Finalcut Pro operator...

DPX file lists are ok but large and all the WAV trouble with Premiere starts again...

nw42

• 19. Re: New version - old problems + new! (Premiere CS6.0.3)
                                            Darren Hall Level 1

good day Kevin,

so when will these problems be fixed?

Darren

• 20. Re: New version - old problems + new! (Premiere CS6.0.3)
                                              shooternz Level 6

@nw42

Thanx for your workflow explanation. Interesting.

Yes ..I see why you have cause to get it "sorted".

• 21. Re: New version - old problems + new! (Premiere CS6.0.3)
                                                Jim_Simon Level 8

They deliver 5.1 theatrical mix, TV stereo mix, M&E... different localized versions - some times I have three 5.1 mixes in parallel + stereo for sync - resulting in 20 mono tracks in the sequence.

I'm curious why you would put those all in one sequence.  I'd expect each deliverable to have only the audio it needs - 5.1, stereo, etc.  Meaning several sequences, each with only the appropriate tracks.

• 22. Re: New version - old problems + new! (Premiere CS6.0.3)
                                                  Jim_Simon Level 8

MXF in Premiere currently is good for croadcast but not used in film (not even 24p mode).

That confuses me.  What do you mean by 'film'?  Theatrical releases?  I'd be very surprised to learn that theaters use QuickTime files.  I'd expect they all use DCP (which happens to use MXF for video and audio streams, by the way).

don't try to send an AVI with Blackmagic codec to a Finalcut Pro operator...

Hey, he's the one who chose to work on an operating system that garners only 7 or 8 percent of worldwide usage.  Let him deal with the fact that his OS does things differently, thus causing such compatibility issues.

• 23. Re: New version - old problems + new! (Premiere CS6.0.3)
                                                    nw42 Level 2

Hi Jim,

I'm curious why you would put those all in one sequence.  I'd expect each deliverable to have only the audio it needs - 5.1, stereo, etc.  Meaning several sequences, each with only the appropriate tracks.

--> put them all into one sequnece: You get a buch of assets from different facilities. Nothing in sync. nothing works. First step is to align them on the timeline and check. if the content is delivered per reel you will have 6 reels with 6x6=36 Audio files per 5.1 mix. They all need to be trimmed and synced. If this works for one language mix you'll add the next one - using the previous as reference.

Finaly you will get a master sequence with all possible audio mixes - now you quickly can check them all and activate one for export.

To use several sequences is a bad idea - you will get to much sequences - how to maintain and update them on changes - how to see if something is missaligned in one version if you don't can compare to the others? Nesting or linking is also a bad idea because every project contains lots of heavy load assets combinded with linked AE compositions...

--> Another reason to combine all audio tracks into one sequence could be to prepare a HDCAM SR playout with different mixes on different channels.

That confuses me.  What do you mean by 'film'?  Theatrical releases?  I'd be very surprised to learn that theaters use QuickTime files.  I'd expect they all use DCP (which happens to use MXF for video and audio streams, by the way).

We prepare the content for theatrical release so we get the master files from the production companies.

That means 16bit TIFF or 10Bit DPX or DCI J2C codestream files in 2K/4K for fiction but for budgest projects, small documentaries or TV projects that go to cinema distribution we use 10Bit 1080p24 Prores or DNXHD sources on a regular basis.

From these master files we create DCI compliant Digital Cinema Packages for the digital cinema servers.

These DCP's use MXF containers with XYZ color space encoded JPEG2000 codestreams and anothet MXF container holding the PCM audio.

But that job isn't done with Premiere ;-)

Hey, he's the one who chose to work on an operating system that garners only 7 or 8 percent of worldwide usage.  Let him deal with the fact that his OS does things differently, thus causing such compatibility issues.

From my working experience we NEVER use appliation or vendor dependent formats because they are ineligible for backup and bad for colloboration.

So I can archive my projects without special transcoding and use every system for work I want. If you only have DNXHD Quicktimes, DPX files and WAV audio tracks you can just load the project into a Smoke, Premiere, Clipster or whatever you want...

Formats we use are: Quicktime Prores HQ, DNXHD, DPX, TIFF, DCI compliant J2C Codestream, Broadcast WAV...

nw42

• 24. Re: New version - old problems + new! (Premiere CS6.0.3)
                                                      Jim_Simon Level 8

activate one for export.

That still suggests you're exporting only one 'mix' at a time, so why the need for 16 channel export?

• 25. Re: New version - old problems + new! (Premiere CS6.0.3)
                                                        Jim_Simon Level 8

These DCP's use MXF containers with XYZ color space encoded JPEG2000 codestreams and anothet MXF container holding the PCM audio.

OK, so you are using MXF for film.  Why did you say it's not used for film in post 18?

• 26. Re: New version - old problems + new! (Premiere CS6.0.3)
                                                          nw42 Level 2

Hi Jim,

That still suggests you're exporting only one 'mix' at a time, so why the need for 16 channel export?

correct - I only export one "mix" at a time exept for backup...

1. export 5.1 mix needs 6ch

2. export 7.1 mix needs 8ch

3. export 7.1 + visual/hearing impaired needs 10ch

4. backup HDCAM SR ingest needs 12 channels

5. backup current mini SSD recorders needs 16ch

OK, so you are using MXF for film.  Why did you say it's not used for film in post 18?

MXF is a universal container format - Premiere doesn't understand MXF packed DNXHD files nor DCI compliant MXF essence tracks - so I was referring to the MXF Op1a AVC Intra 100 format that Premiere can read and write...

--> It would be exterme useful if premeire could work with a JPEG2000 losess profile in MXF container to get a alternative to uncompressed DPX files...

• 27. Re: New version - old problems + new! (Premiere CS6.0.3)
                                                            Jim_Simon Level 8

1. export 5.1 mix needs 6ch

Yes, but they're all in one file, not separate.

And PP has no 7.1 steering ability, so you can't mix this in PP.  You'd have to take the audio out to a separate app for mixing, like Shooter said.

So I'm still not seeing why you need all those channels in one export.

Premiere doesn't understand MXF packed DNXHD files

Yeah, I do wish that'd get fixed.

• 28. Re: New version - old problems + new! (Premiere CS6.0.3)
                                                              nw42 Level 2

Hi Jim,

1. export 5.1 mix needs 6ch -

Yes, but they're all in one file, not separate.

it depends...

if the movie is linear I need 6 discrete WAV files to avoid the 4GB limit (also in this case it is common and a good practice to work with 6 discrete files to avoid channel order problems)

if the movie comes in reels it is a good idea to export one multi channel WAV per reel

if I want to backup or resend a HDCAM SR ingest I would like to decide if I create 12 mono channel WAV's or a combined multi channel RF64 Broadcast Wave (would be around 12GB typical)

And PP has no 7.1 steering ability, so you can't mix this in PP.

correct - but we don't mix - the recording studio creates the mix - we only sync it and trimm it to the movie reels for export. So I only need to load some mono channles route them for monitoring to my 7.1 card for playback and export them trimmed back to a mono channel - no mixing involved at all...

nw42

• 29. Re: New version - old problems + new! (Premiere CS6.0.3)
                                                                Jim_Simon Level 8

if the movie is linear I need 6 discrete WAV files to avoid the 4GB limit

I'm still confused.   If you're doing a final export, why are you not exporting a Dolby 5.1 mix?  If you are creating that (or a DTS version) in a separate app, why bring audio into PP to begin with?  Why isn't the audio post team creating a soundtrack that matches perfectly?  Do they not have a copy of the locked video?

From an outside perspective, your work flow here seems a bit strange.

• 30. Re: New version - old problems + new! (Premiere CS6.0.3)
                                                                  nw42 Level 2

Hi Jim,

If you're doing a final export, why are you not exporting a Dolby 5.1 mix?

Hi Jim - this would work without a problem if I would create a DVD for clients without high quality demands.

But we speak about digital cinema. And there 24Bit 48Khz PCM audio is called instead of the old highly compressed Dolby Digital standard for home entertainment. (Even if it comes to bluray mastering DTS Master Audio is called by the clients today - take a look at your private bluray collection... and currently I don't know any available export plugin for DTS Master audio...)

...why bring audio into PP to begin with?  Why isn't the audio post team creating a soundtrack that matches perfectly?  Do they not have a copy of the locked video?

Why to bring the assets into a timeline?  - Simple answer: To see things we've never seen before! ;-)

No, serious: We assemble the final assets for the first time - we see all the little things that don't match - that have to be fixed before final delivery... subs interferring with titles - inserts that don't fade as they should - wrong blacks - wrong AR - wrong sample rate - a 25p audio mix named for 24p - all the things that never should happend but do all the time... We simply have to look on what we do - a movie can't be mastered on the command line.

Why isn't the audio post team creating a soundtrack that matches perfectly? - Because they create a mix for the final cut not the final delivery. They don't now about Inserts and additional titles added and often they create a mix for the 35mm print with preroll not for the DCP reels

So finaly no. - No one on the planet has a final copy of the deliverable because we just create it at a time the mixing studio is working on the next project.

From an outside perspective, your work flow here seems a bit strange.

I know - not many people have an idea how these mastering processes are handled today. But this is a realy simple and prooved workflow if you think about it...

Just get high quality soure masters as DPX or DNXHD + PCM WAV + Subs - align them on a timeline - check if everything is in sync and works well and export image + sound tracks for final encoding and packing of the deliverable. Nothing special at all... ;-)

What we don't like is to put a PCM channel on the timeline and get it back with +3dB after export - or get an "Unencpected Error" on export just because the Audio file exeeds 4GB in size - or get random audio peaks added to the export and we don't know about it...

Btw. let me also point to some CS6 additions that are brilliant: If you select "Modify"->"Audio Channels" in the bin you an apply custom channel mappings by custom presets. So we can remap a L R C Lfe Ls Rs multichannel wave on the fly to the L R Ls Rs C Lfe layout of a Premiere 5.1 track. Well done Adobe!

• 31. Re: New version - old problems + new! (Premiere CS6.0.3)
                                                                    josephs51576386 Level 3

I'm very glad I don't have to do "feature films" and that I only do Broadcast TV. It seems like a crazy amount of work goes into films for features that hardly any end viewers will ever actually end up using. (I don't mean this to insulting I'm being dead serious) It sounds like a lot of work.

• 32. Re: New version - old problems + new! (Premiere CS6.0.3)
                                                                      nw42 Level 2

don't be fooled - the broadcast TV guys are the ones that request the HDCAM SR tapes with 12ch audio from us ;-)

• 33. Re: New version - old problems + new! (Premiere CS6.0.3)
                                                                        leoneed27 Level 1

Hi! I'm doing master tapes for Discovery Channel. It's requesting HDCAM SR with 10 channels of sound. According to our contract we have to do uncompressed production... the most Hi End at the moment. And they have very strict quality control.

• 34. Re: New version - old problems + new! (Premiere CS6.0.3)
                                                                          josephs51576386 Level 3

Luckily everyone I work with currently allows you to turn in digital files via FTP. Although I do often have to deal with the pain of having very different audio requirements to make each station happy. Luckily though none quite as demanding as your current workflow.

• 35. Re: New version - old problems + new! (Premiere CS6.0.3)
                                                                            leoneed27 Level 1

DHL and HDCAM SR tape is much faster than FTP when you have to deliver 250Gb (30 minutes uncompressed program)! graph.jpg

• 36. Re: New version - old problems + new! (Premiere CS6.0.3)
                                                                              josephs51576386 Level 3

I fully agree when you're talking about sending uncompressed media, luckily though I don't have to turn in uncompressed media. Generally I turn in ProRes or MPEG-2 depending on the station. So my programs aren't anywhere near 250Gb.  A couple of stations we send content to currently accept 50Mbps MPEG-2 4:2:2P@ML and there is one station that prefers we send ProRes 422. Then we deal with a few other stations who require different variations of H.264 media. Several of the other stations we deal with are still SD only so for those we send  15Mbps MPEG-2 MP@ML. However it sounds like you're dealing with bigger/picky stations then what I generally do.  Anyways though we currently have a decent internet connection where I work, so our uploads don't take hardly anytime at all.

(There are two stations though that have very slow FTP sites which obviously causes a bottleneck)

Glad my life appears to be easier

• 37. Re: New version - old problems + new! (Premiere CS6.0.3)
                                                                                Jim_Simon Level 8

But we speak about digital cinema. And there 24Bit 48Khz PCM audio is called instead of the old highly compressed Dolby Digital

Really?  I had assumed digital projection was still using Dolby, DataSat (formerly DTS) and Sony's SDDS.  That's not the case?

• 38. Re: New version - old problems + new! (Premiere CS6.0.3)
                                                                                  nw42 Level 2

Hi Jim,

no - digital cinema no longer depends on proprietary corporate formats. As it was developed by the members of the DCI (Digital Cinema Initiatives - http://www.dcimovies.com) only royality free and open source standards where used.

As such a DCP (Digital Cinema Package) as the successor of the good old 35mm print only contains open technology like:

XML

MXF

JPEG2000

PCM WAV

+ signing & encryption tech

see for reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Cinema_Package

If you see a Dolby or DTS logo in the credits of a digital screened movie it's a funny useless thing. It no longer refernces to a "valid licence" to use that audio system because DCP's only contain pure multichannel PCM audio...

Should be be meant: "Pulse Code Modulated Audio in Selected Theatres" instead - or so - lol... ;-)

• 39. Re: New version - old problems + new! (Premiere CS6.0.3)
                                                                                    Jim_Simon Level 8

Well, locally most theaters are still showing film.  I only have 2 out of 20 or so showing digitally (and even then, not every movie at those 2 theaters is digital projection).  So the end logos are still probably appropriate.

Given PCM delivery, it now makes more sense what you're doing.